Chlamydia Community
Advanced Chlamydia or gonorrhea

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Advanced Chlamydia or gonorrhea

hello

in 2008 me and my gf broke up...i was not faithful and she found out
i always used condoms with other girls but received oral unprotected, yes it was juvenile of me and i have learned my lesson

about 6 months after she told me to get checked and that i gave her something, she did not tell me what but she said she got a swab test and that "once symptoms appear it will be too late" whatever that means

since then i have taken various antibiotics for unrelated reasons

among them doxycyclene for 2 weeks and cephalex

some symptoms that i have had for the past year are lower back pain as well as abdominal pain possible prostititis (wtf im 26) pelvic pain and anal pain and rarely i get burning pee

im very active physically so it could just be some sort of sports injury ( for some of the symptoms at least)

but my mother's friend in Argentina is a biochemist and she told my mother it may be advanced chlamydia or gonorrhea and that many people have it..it is usually mistaken as something else, also she said it is hidden and it requires many urine tests to find

i have been tested for both 2  times and found to be clean for all std's

a lot of the symptoms seem to fit and tomorrow i will be going into a sexual health clinic to see what may be going on

my family doctor tells me im fine...but i know my body and something is not right
plus he is quite possibly the worst doctor in north America...

i was wondering what some of you experienced sexperts think i should do...and any info at all would help

thanks in advance

Your tests would be conclusive. I see no reason for testing at this point.
my husband had an std at 16 he is now 60 - at 20 he had a full blown arthritic episode of reiters syndome - they diagnosed that he had Reiters syndrome - it is caused by chlamydia and possibly by gonorrhea is for life -- it is an arthritic disease and he has a the lower back pain severe every 3 or 4 yrs and then it comes back in his extremities - hands shoulders elbows ankles --get tested for reiters syndrome - when he was 20 they thought Reiters was caused by untreated gonorrhea now they believe it was chlamydia---- regardless of what STD was the cause, having it is really not good - and you should see a rheumatolgist to rule it out.  My husband did have the antibiotic treatment for an STD but not until about a year after he contracted it at 16