Chlamydia Community
Can I have PID?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can I have PID?

I learned 2 weeks ago that I had Chlamydia and was treated for it. I have only been sexually actively for six months. I think I may have gotten it in February. I didn't have any signs or symptoms. But I do remember in March when I had vaginal itching but I just thought it was due to my period and it went away a week later. So basically, I am scared because I've been researching and learned that chlamydia can produce PID, which can cause infertility.
I keep track of my period and for the month of July it came two days late and when it came on I was extremely nauseous. Now, my period is scheduled to come soon, like today the 31st, but yesterday I was extremely nauseous but no period yet. I am afraid that I am infected with PID.
My questions are how does it take for Chlamydia to turn into PID? and Is it possible that I do have PID, although I was treated for chlaymdia?
Thank You
Blank
1318465_tn?1340571541
There is set time frame for PID to develop.  It can take several months to a year or maybe a bit more depends on the person..  I see your concern since you've probably had the infection for about 5 months.   PID I know usally comes with abdominal pain so terrible.  Talk to your health care provider ask if you should be concerned about PID or if you can rule it out.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1318465_tn?1340571541
There is set time frame for PID to develop.  It can take several months to a year or maybe a bit more depends on the person..  I see your concern since you've probably had the infection for about 5 months.   PID I know usally comes with abdominal pain so terrible.  Talk to your health care provider ask if you should be concerned about PID or if you can rule it out.
Blank
1318465_tn?1340571541
Sorry about that,  I meant to say in the opening sentence:

There is NO set time frame for PID to develop.
Blank
1432643_tn?1283374071
I contracted chlamdia from a cheating boyfriend and see it often goes with PID in which my niece contracted her first time having sex- now Im worried about my experience. I had comprehensive bloodwork done, can you be tested specifically for PID, I know my Dr would have tested me for it if there is in fact a test, then I know I do not have it. Im freakin out now. Can someone shed some light on this please? IS THERE A TEST FOR PID. OH, and I have no symptoms or irregularities in my menstrual cycle or pain in my abdomen. Thanks, LYN
Blank
1318465_tn?1340571541
Start your own thread to have your question/concerns addressed.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...