Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia or HIV?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Chlamydia or HIV?

Hello Doctors, During my last vacation I met a guy and had unprotected intercourse. A week after I got a kind of flu, sore throat, muscles pain no fever. Few days after I got a terrible pain in my pelvic area and lower back pain too. I had a STD test and came back positive with chlamydia. The doctor in the walk-in-clinic wanted to give me SUPRAX that is not an antibiotic for Chlamydia. She sent me to the hospital to pass more STD tests including HIV and hepatitis and I couldn't go because I had my period at that time. Now, it has been more than 3 weeks and I got a liver pain. I went to another clinic specialized in STD and HIV tests, and the doctor there gave me the right prescription for Chlamydia and at the same time I  did all the STD tests again including HIV, I will get the results in 15 days. My question is: my liver pain is related with chlamydia? Do I have HIV? I still feel sick, little congested ...and tingling once in a while my legs, and arms. I don't feel like before and I am a very active person, and usually very healthy. Always eating well, I don't smoke and never used drugs.

Thanks for you time and please I need an answer.
Never heard liver pain associated with chlamydia.

HIV questions please post in the HIV forum.