Chlamydia Community
Does Amoxicillin cure chlamydia?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Does Amoxicillin cure chlamydia?

Hi im a 17 year old male my gf just told me today that she has chlamydia and just a couple days ago I went to the doctor because I'm ill.  I have inflamed lympnods and irrated and scrathcy throat but I didnt think much of it than.  But now I'm think I might have chlamydia in my mouth. The doctor perscribed amoxicillin with clavulanate potassium 875/125 mg and also clindamycin 300mg. I take both these pills 2 times a day. And I was wondering if this curses chlamydia cause even if I dont have it in my mouth I might have it down low. So yes it would be awesome if you could tell me If either of these two medicens curses chlamydia and if so am i taking enough of the medication. I am taking these medications for 10 days. Thank you in advanced for your answer.
It is possible that it might cure it but no guarantee. You would have to test to be sure.