Chlamydia Community
False Positive for Chlamydia Test

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

False Positive for Chlamydia Test

Recently i had my first ever pap smear and std testing. I only became sexually active very recently and both partners have had no other sexual partners of any kind. My test results came back positive for Chlamydia and this stunned me. I expected everything to be fine. What are the accuracy of these tests and whats the percent that are false positives? is there any chance it was just wrong and i didnt contract the std?
The tests aren't 100%, though they are pretty good.  Sometimes there are false positive, and this is more common that false negatives.    There is a chance it was wrong.  
Test again if you haven't taken any antibiotics, if you have you'll never really know the truth.  

Ask your partners again by a sincere conversation about their sexual history (most people lie about that --but NOT about testing).  The conversation will be important because your partners need to know you were positive for chlamydia, and need to be treated.