Chlamydia Community
How long can Chlamydia stay dormant in a male?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I recently found out that I had chlamydia and my doctor told me to contact everyone I've been with the past 2 months so I did (one girl).  She got tested and she was clean.  I started getting symptoms two weeks after we had sex so I assumed it had to be.  Especially since the time before her was 7 months ago.  Is it possible that it stayed dormant for 7 months then by pure coincidence symptoms started happening right after I was with her?  Since it's a bacteria, could I have gotten it a different way?  The symptoms started a day after I spent a weekend camping on the river.
Overall the symptom timing would match to the recent girl and not 7 months ago. You can only get it from sex, but it would be possible to have it for 7 months.