Chlamydia Community
Past Chlamydia Infection??
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Past Chlamydia Infection??

I am very concerned.  I recently went to the doctor for problems with my menstrual cycle.  The Doctor thought it might be endometriosis so a laparoscopy was done as well as a dye procedure to make sure my tubes were clear as my husband and I have been unable to concieve (conceive).  Well, imagine my surprise when the doctor said I did have endo and that my tubes were blocked probably from an infection.  I asked him what kind of infection?  He said chlamydia!  I have been with my husband for 11 years and there is no question about faithfulness.  I was tested for all std's when I got pregnant 11 years ago and the test came back negative and my husband was tested for std's when he was being checked for infertility problems, test came back negative.  How in the world can this doctor fling around the word Chlamydia?  And if I had it, wouldn't I still have it as I was never treated for it?  I asked if I should be tested for it and the doctor said he saw no need.  Help!!