Past Chlamydia Infection??
I am very concerned.  I recently went to the doctor for problems with my menstrual cycle.  The Doctor thought it might be endometriosis so a laparoscopy was done as well as a dye procedure to make sure my tubes were clear as my husband and I have been unable to concieve.  Well, imagine my surprise when the doctor said I did have endo and that my tubes were blocked probably from an infection.  I asked him what kind of infection?  He said chlamydia!  I have been with my husband for 11 years and there is no question about faithfulness.  I was tested for all std's when I got pregnant 11 years ago and the test came back negative and my husband was tested for std's when he was being checked for infertility problems, test came back negative.  How in the world can this doctor fling around the word Chlamydia?  And if I had it, wouldn't I still have it as I was never treated for it?  I asked if I should be tested for it and the doctor said he saw no need.  Help!!
So you were told you had chlamydia without a test.   --Pretty ******.
excuse my french there but this upsets me.  
A urine test NAAT or PCR should have been ordered ---if you haven't been treated (chances are you are being treated), then test.

If you doctors diagnosis was correct, then yeah at 11 years its possible the chlamydia was missed,and the infection lead to PID.  

It might help if you husband testes for chlamydia, (I think he probably was treated too) from which it might be too late; and you won't know the answer.  
Sorry to hear about all this.  Hang in there okay.  Work closely with your doctors to make sure you clear the infection and abstain from sex for a little bit.