Chlamydia Community
Will the Azithromycin work?
About This Community:

This is a patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Will the Azithromycin work?

I am beginning to get nervous. I got a phone call about a week and a half ago and my gyno told me that I had a positive Chlamydia test. This was an absolute shock for me as I had ZERO symptoms whatsoever. I took the prescribed Azithromycin (2 pills at the same time, equaling 1 gram). Since I had no symptoms to begin with, I have no idea if it is working or not. I am getting retested on Tuesday, but I am nervous. Will my Chlamydia for sure go away? What are the chances that it will still be here? I guess I am just getting paranoid, but I want to get this whole ordeal OVER with!
3149845 tn?1452625053
Hi and welcome. It does work usually the first time but depending on how much is present, might take another pill. Thats why they recommend a followup test to confirm its gone.
Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources