Chlamydia Community
chlamydia test results confused ?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

chlamydia test results confused ?

well here goes i am undergoin fertility treatment for pcos on clomid and metformin and as part of the sub fertilty test i had a infections test, hospital says there was no growth but said something about high white blood count, with this i phoned doctor to explain and he said that my blood test i had done for my infections test showed up chlamydia came up positive and put me on a 7 days course of antibotics but i am confused as a couple of days b4 i had a urine sample sent of for a msu test and they found no infections but surely it would of shown up in my urine sample if i had somethin wrong but now blood test shows 1.024 which apparently high but not higher doctors says not to worry as he has seen higher so am i takin these tablets for no reason or are the results correct as i had had several miscarriages because of pcos and everytime i have had a scan hospital says there are no abnormalitys with my womb so can anyone explain to me when or where this has come from i have been with my partner for 6 years i figured if i have had it all this time my results would off been higher ?? but i have no symptons,
Tags: Chlamydia
Whew , slow down. You gave a lot of incomplete information in that hard to read single paragraph. Now, what was the infections test you reffered to ? Was it a urine culture ? Was the high white blood cell count on the urine or on the blood ? I can tell you that the blood tests for Chlamydia should not have been done because of false positives and cross reactivity with other Chlamydia . The best test for Chlamydia is an endocervical swab for the Gen-probe test or a first morning urine for the NAAT test. I am not sure what you mean by the blood test of !.024, you may need to clarify that for me. The 1.024 sounds like a urine specific gravity result. The 1.024 would be a slightly concentrated urine. If you could give us more information, we could give you a better answer. Take care.
hi sorry i just all confused i had a blood test done to check for infections. the results came back 1.024 and doctor said it was a positive chlamydia test but last week i have a urine sample test done because i had slight burning in my wee but after a couple off hours of drinkin lots of fluid it passed but to be on the safe side the doctor send my urine sample of for a msu and the results came back on that monday this week and they said there was no infections in my urine, so i am confused as to wether i actually have chlamydia because hospital said something about a high white bloood count and there was no growth of somethin so that why they got the doctor to phone me up he said chlamydia test was positive but i have no symptons at all the only time i get adominal (abdominal) pains is before i come on no other time i have told my husband i have been tested because we are both undergoin fertilty treatment as i have pcos i no doctors are meant to know what there on about but i just have a feelin this resluts are wrong i did not think that u could test for chlamydia via a blood test ?? please advise as i really am so upset as i have been faithful to my husband i have been with him for 6 years and i am sure if i had it before i got with him i would off been very ill by now surely ??
Well, it sounds as if the blood test showed a past chlamydia infection of some kind - and there are lots of chlamydia bacteria that could be causing this.

If your urine test was negative, then you don't have a CURRENT genital chlamydia infection.

I also agree that you would have been very sick long before 6 years if you had an untreated chlamydia infection for that long.

You should know more when your husband's tests come back.

Aj
thanxs for the info but i am sure its not a past infection as like u said i would off been very ill, so i am thinkin its a recent one as i have never been check for chlamydia before as i have not had lots of sexual partners and my previous partners all have gone to have kids so if i had it and infected them surely they would not have had children ? do u think that its possible i caught it from my husband in the last 6 years and not known about it until now as he has only been with 2 people previous to me so could he   had caught it and not known about it. as we are trying for a child after he has been treated if hes got it. it will be ok to have unprotected sex wouldnt it as we both want a family and i am on tablets to help me ovualate but i have to stop takin the clomid whilst i am on the antibotics.
Ok, here are my suggestions. Have your husband tested with a first morning urine screen. You go for a pap smear and have your Doctor perform a cervical swab test with the Genprobe test. That will answer your questions. I still feel that you do not have a current infection, and the blood screen for Chlamydia has confused you. It really does not give you the proper information. Hope this helps. Take care.
Right - I was wondering if you had a past chlamydia infection - and chlamydia can cause many things, and its not all genital, for example, there is a chlamydia pneumonia bacteria, and that's what this is picking up.

Dallas gave you some good info.

Aj
well i am not aware of a past chlamydia infection this is the first time i been tested do different types of chlamydia do different things as i have not had any abdomial (abdominal) pain i do not suffer with pid i dont have any pains in ovary area i dont have any kind of pain in my lower abdomen i do not get any pains when i pee my doctor just said it was a postive result do u think that my result of 1.024 means its a recent one as i did a swob test november last year and it was negative i know my husband has not cheated as he is with me all the time well apart from when he is at work, i am so scared and worried about when i got it and how i got it as it broke my heart, as i know that i have been good and only had 4 partner since the age of 14 and i have been to distant from my husband he says he still loves me and hes goin to get tested and said if he hes got it  he will get treated if he hasnt then i finish my course of antibotics on sunday but got to wait until he see a doctor on monday, i really appreciat
so finsh m e bit of i really appreciate the feedback as i need to let it all out, if its a past infection then whys it only shown up now as i have lots off blood tests done for the fertility treatment and i wondering why it did not show up then, if its not genital does that mean that my tubes and everythin is ok it could be a infection somewhere else i have researched some information but i just dont understand i am just so all over the place at the moment very upset alot i just cant stop thinkin about about and its makin me cry all the time thanks auntiejessi x
thanxs for the information whats a pap smear i did  swob test nov last year and it was neagative. i just am so confused as to how i got it i have read up on the chlamydia pneumonia bacteria and i do get alot off colds and i have had border line pneumonia about 2 years ago and i have had a few chest infections but surely this could not cause a positive chlamydia result now ? thanxs for ur information though as it helps to talk about it as my urine sample always comes back negative for a msu test.
Hi there -

You want specifics we can't give you.  I don't know if it was a false positive, or not.  If you are testing negative with swab and urine tests, it has to be either an old infection or a false positive.

I don't know anything about the blood tests because they should only be done during fertility work ups, and I don't work in that field.  :(

Maybe post in women's health?

Aj
ok thanks for the information anyway, not sure what u mean by a old infection but i have finished my antibotics today so i am a bit happier now, i can look forward to tryin for a baby again thanxs for everything xx