Chlamydia Community
please answer!
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

please answer!

I've been with my boyfriend for almost three years. we have a son together. I have been diagnosed with chlamydia and I have only had sex with him my whole life. he has had previous partners, but got tested before we did and was negative. he hasn't tested yet but is going to. he says he hasn't cheated and I believe him, and I don't want to mess up my relationship over nothing. we ALWAYS use condoms and none have broke, is there any other way I got it? my mom was pregnant with me and had it. but she got treated before birth if that means anything
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Either you had a false positive (you can retest if have not medicated) or someone went outside the relationship.
Blank
how common are false positives?
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
also if your boyfriend has it he would have symtoms (symptoms) like a itchey irrataion and discharge in his urethrea. Mens effects are very uncomfortable
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi Guest, i read the below about false positive and thought you might find it as a help for  your question.

first of all a pap test is not a culture-- if you haven't been cultured in 7 years you may very well have had it all this time- and it could be a low level infection

what type of test was done- vaginal swab or urine? antibody screening? different types of tests have different causes of false readings.
Blank
it was a vaginal swab. I haven't had a culture. at least I don't think I Have ever had one
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
then get the culture to make sure all is ok and good luck
Blank
The test for chlamydia is simple. Most people can have the test carried out on a urine sample. Some people have a swab test (a small cotton bud). The swab is used to gently wipe the area where you might have chlamydia, to collect some cells. The cells are then tested for infection.resource:http://www.chlamydiacure.net/a/Chlamydia/20121106/217.html
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...