Aa
A
A
Close
please answer!
I've been with my boyfriend for almost three years. we have a son together. I have been diagnosed with chlamydia and I have only had sex with him my whole life. he has had previous partners, but got tested before we did and was negative. he hasn't tested yet but is going to. he says he hasn't cheated and I believe him, and I don't want to mess up my relationship over nothing. we ALWAYS use condoms and none have broke, is there any other way I got it? my mom was pregnant with me and had it. but she got treated before birth if that means anything
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Either you had a false positive (you can retest if have not medicated) or someone went outside the relationship.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
how common are false positives?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
3149845 tn?1452625053
also if your boyfriend has it he would have symtoms like a itchey irrataion and discharge in his urethrea. Mens effects are very uncomfortable
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
3149845 tn?1452625053
Hi Guest, i read the below about false positive and thought you might find it as a help for  your question.

first of all a pap test is not a culture-- if you haven't been cultured in 7 years you may very well have had it all this time- and it could be a low level infection

what type of test was done- vaginal swab or urine? antibody screening? different types of tests have different causes of false readings.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
it was a vaginal swab. I haven't had a culture. at least I don't think I Have ever had one
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
3149845 tn?1452625053
then get the culture to make sure all is ok and good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
The test for chlamydia is simple. Most people can have the test carried out on a urine sample. Some people have a swab test (a small cotton bud). The swab is used to gently wipe the area where you might have chlamydia, to collect some cells. The cells are then tested for infection.resource:http://www.chlamydiacure.net/a/Chlamydia/20121106/217.html
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
Top STDs Answerers
Blank
Fleetwood20