Chlamydia Community
undetected for 3 years?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

undetected for 3 years?

my partner started a new job a year ago and he had to do a medical, blood was found in his wee so he kept going back and forth to doctors and only it was only today that he got told he had chlamydia. the problem is is that he slept with another women when i was pregnant '3 years ago' so we think we both may have had it for that long and also worried about our 3year old daughter, will we be able to have more children or have we had chlamydia for too long, and will my daughter have it and if so will there be anything wrong with her??
Tags: Chlamydia
Chlamydia doesn't usually cause blood in the urine.  

Have you tested?  When was he tested for chlamydia?

Aj
yes he went to the hospital and got tested for everything and it came back he had chlamydia
sorry i didnt read it properly he got tested for everything last week.
OK - 3 years is too long.  The chances of both of you having this and not having any symptoms for 3 years is next to nothing.  

Have you been seeing your doctor for yearly exams?  If you have, you should ask if they do std testing at that time.  Some do it routinely, some don't, but if you have negative testing over the last 3 years, then you know this is a new infection.  

Your baby is fine.  I don't know at what point in your pregnancy that he cheated, but its standard practice to test pregnant women, and your baby would have been sick at birth.

Have you been tested yet?  You need to be tested and treated.

Aj
he cheated when i was 5month pregnant and also was sleeping with the same girl after the birth while he was still sleeping with me, he hasnt slept with anyone else since then so we must of had it since then.
im booked in on tuesday to be tested and treated.
i was watching a tv show the other day about std's and it said something about sex been painful..sometimes a week before im due on my period sex is painful and the bottom of my belly swells a little bit,, iv looked this up online and found lots of women experience this and its normal..
is it really a common thing or is it down to chlamydia?
I'm guessing your doctor did a test after that during your pregnancy.  Its common to be tested at the beginning and towards the end of your pregnancy, but a simple call to the doctor will tell you for sure.  If you were negative after he cheated then, then this is a new infection.

The symptoms you describe with the pain are normal, but I wouldn't say swelling is.

Aj
i didnt find out about the other girl till last week. ino they test for everything while your pregnant but i didnt get tested after the birth as i didnt think i needed to be.
Well, your doctor would have done it anyway - its standard practice.

I'm just thinking that there had to have been another woman more recently - 3 years is too long for you both not to have had symptoms.

Aj
can you tell me what symtoms (symptoms) we would have got, and if i have had it for 3years what will be wrong with me now
You might have had some discharge, pain with sex or with urinating, maybe bleeding after sex, maybe an itch.

Its hard because symptoms of chlamydia are very similar to those of other things, like bacterial vaginitis, a urinary tract infection, etc.

Again, I don't think you've had it for 3 years, as it would be highly uncommon for both of you to go that long without symptoms.  If you did, you might have PID, which is an infection in all your reproductive organs.  I still think you need to check your doctor's testing history.  If you've been tested at the end of your pregnancy or since then, this discussion is for nothing, since it would be a new infection for you.

Aj