Question about results?
34 year old female, non smoker - So over the past six months I have droped about 30 pounds and brought down my total cholesterol level to 187 (from 208). My numbers are: LDL 116, HDL 56 and TG 73. From what I have read, this is not bad but the lab marked my LDL as High since it is over 100. That has me so worried. I thought anything under 130 was considered normal?

One thing I have noticed, is that by cutting my diet down so much in fats (very limited dairy, no red meat, very limited sat fat, ues only olive oil and avacado oils, eat lots of veggies and fruits etc) that my HDL has dropped from 62 to 56. I work out 5 days a week, kick boxing, zumba, weigh lifting etc for at least 1 - 2 hours a night.

I just want to make sure I am doing what is right. Should I just keep trucking along, losing the weight (still have about 30 to go) and hope the LDL comes down more and the HDL goes up?

Thanks everyone!

PS. All other blood work came back normal, thyroid etc
Your numbers are fine, I wouldn't be concerned with these numbers. The guideling for LDL is 130 but some labs use 100 which is the NCEP guideline for individuals with higher risk such as high BP or previous heart disease. Also remember that HDL is dynamic and is more likely to fluctuate so a swing from test to test is not uncommon. If you tested again next week it could be 62 again, really nothing to worry about.

I think you're doing great.

Jon
Thanks so much Jon! :)
My LDL, HDL and total cholesterol are never out of range. It's boring. zzzz lol  And i adore dairy and saturated fat. Cheese is one of my favourite foods! Check out: 27 studies show saturated fat raises HDL.
Very interesting. No doubt some fatty foods can without a doubt help HDL. High cholesterol runs in my family so I keep a very close eye on it and it seems that below 130 is within range so I guess I should be happy with that. Maybe after I finish losing the weigh it will stabalize :)