Aa
A
A
Close

Cholesterol Community

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

1 - 20 (of 314) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am 40 year old male and my hdl is 36 and ldl is 211. I have had some shortness of breath and chest pains is this a bad sign?
krizer | Last answer
714128_tn?1249139986
I started taking fish oil supplements about a year and a half ago because I was told that it would help support a healthy heart and I hate fish. My cholesterol and triglycerides were both normal when I added the supplement to my daily re...
braidyn | Last comment
I'm a 46 year old male, 155 lbs. Around 2007 I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and high blood pressure. My LDL was 160 and total was 224, so at the advice of my doctor, I started taking simvastatin, 40mg. The first few weeks I paid a...
mfarris | Last answer
I need some help to understand the medication prescribed to my mother due to her high cholesterol (for last 2 years). Patient information: 60 years old, Female, 5 ft height, 81 lb weight. I am giving the complete history below but...
Wrongdiagnosis | Posted
I take fenofibrate 160mgm along with lovastatin 40mgm daily. Could they be causing muscle pains all over my body? This discussion is related to What are the withdrawal symptoms from stopping Fenofibrate 160 mgm..
rebjon | Last answer
I had blood test in mid 2014 and early 2015 and recently I had another one. My results about the cholestrerol: Total: 5.7 in 2014, 5.0 in 2015, and now 6.0 HDL: 0.9 in 2014, 1.0 in 2015, and now 1.5 LDL: 2.7 in 2014, 2.9 in 2015, an...
anisch | Posted
I got my blood results. Cholestrol is 147 HDL is 39 LDL is 76 Triglycerides is 156 I am 59 years old - excercise went down from long distance running regularly to walking 3 or 4 times a week for 45 minuutes due to back ache. W...
Nook_Hyderabad | Last answer
I haven't tested my cholesterol yet but seeing my tummy and weight I can be pretty sure that I have high cholesterol. I daily eat large amount of cheese and products made of myoneese and zero exercise not even walking for half meter I ...
LostHope123 | Last answer
I recently received biometric results indicating that a couple of markers were well below the normal. Should I be concerned and if so, what are the recommended next steps? My Results are as follows: Creatinine 12.6. Normal range is 27....
FemaleAlmost50 | Last answer
5143317_tn?1383751420
Ok, I'll try not to make this too long.... Back in 2013 I had a missed diagnosis of low Vitamin D. Back then it was 36, recent labs 37.... (30-100) I've recently been diagnosed with Low D and Low B-12. In 2012 my Cholesterol looke...
ms_sally1974 | Last answer
I am a man aged 38. I exercise daily and am a regular in endurance sports. Abut 8 years ago I had depression and anxiety issues and on going panic attacks. I am now concerned about my mood - very irritable, get angry easy and prone to im...
jman987 | Last answer
I've tried statins 4 times since my heart attack last May. I was put on Pravastatin in the hospital and immediately started having muscle weakness, joint pain, bladder pain and urgency. This continued until I took myself off of it. Then ...
remar | Last answer
Having sinusitis problems after starting Lipitor 40mg. Anyone else have this?
Cologuy | Last answer
1236893_tn?1408490528
Researchers examined medical records of over 2 million statin users in England and Wales in order to quantify side effects during the first 5 years of statin use. In that 2010 study that analyzed the medical records of 2 million stat...
gymdandee | Last answer
I made this thread to let everyone who is suffering from high cholesterol about this completely natural remedy for lowering the cholesterol. Barley's use as lowering the cholesterol is fully proven and FDA now approves it for natural ...
des900 | Posted
1236893_tn?1408490528
2 Cholesterol Fighters You Probably Haven’t Thought Of http://www.liveinthenow.com/article/2-cholesterol-fighters-you-probably-haven%E2%80%99t-thought-of
gymdandee | Last answer
I'd it OK to stop taking statins all at once or is that dangeyous?
Fat531 | Last answer
I am a 31 year old female. I went to my doctor this past friday and she put me on Crestor 20mg. I started the medication on friday and starting sunday I noticed I was REALLY tired. Didn't think too much about it but my fatigue is gett...
jkjh84 | Last answer
1236893_tn?1408490528
U.S. Advisers Rethink Cholesterol Risk From Foods http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/news/20150210/us-advisers-rethink-cholesterol-risk-from-foods-report?ecd=wnl_chl_021715&ctr=wnl-chl-021715_nsl-ld-stry&mb=1Lh1UPRNbkYyZ%2fZr...
gymdandee | Last answer
I got back my blood work results today: Tryglyceride : 107 LDL : 107 HDL : 78 Cholesterol : 199 Why is my cholesterol so high? I'm an East Indian, female and I'm 45. I'm an active person. I walk about 12 miles a week with a pac...
DoNotGetIt | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cholesterol Community Resources