Aa
A
A
Close

Cholesterol Community

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

21 - 40 (of 314) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello, What do you think about pterostilbene ? It seems to lower the bad cholesterol : http://www.pterostilbene.com/ they explain it lower the bad cholesterol in an animal model by 29%
tommy3612 | Posted
My total cholesterol is 217mg. Is that high? Should I be concerned? I was told its not for my age.
Melissavelia | Last answer
So I'm a 25yr old female, 132lbs and 5'6" and I just got my results back stating my total cholesterol is 138, my LDL is 65 and HDL is 55. Is this something I should be concerned about and see my regular doctor? I got the tests done becau...
Cpage33 | Last answer
1236893_tn?1408490528
How Bad Science and Big Business Created the Obesity Epidemic https://youtu.be/3vr-c8GeT34
gymdandee | Posted
I am Joy , 31 years of age. Recently I have undergone annual medical check up officially and found following results Cholesterol 280 LDL 201 Triglycerides 274 SGOT 41 S GPT 77 Eosonophil 13% Please tell me the consiqu...
JoyJs | Posted
Heelo all, I was wondering if i could get some help interpreting my latest cholesterol test. the results are as follow; Hours Fasting: 12 Triglycerides: 0.54 mmol Cholesterol 3.30 mmol HDL 1.23 mmol Chol/hdl ration 2.7 mmol...
Chris_1234 | Posted
Hi, My HDL is consistently above 60 but my LDL has been above 100 since I started the yearly check in 2009. My latest results: HDL 60 LDL 118 Triglycerides 99 I have no other risk factors I know of (never smoked and no family...
Malkai | Posted
My HDL CHOLESTEROL IS 36 TRIGLYCERIDES 207 AND LDL IS 130 MY VIT.D,25-OH TOTAL IS 26 WHAT DOES THIS MEAN IS IT BAD OH AND MY HEMOGLOBIN A1C IS 5.6
Tonyatink | Posted
Last Feb. I had routine blood tests that included the following results. I ate well, no red meat but some cheese and 2% milk; and exercised daily. I thought the test results were pretty good. CHOLESTEROL 172 MG/DL ...
rayr | Last answer
1236893_tn?1408490528
The University Hospital at Heraklion in Crete, Greece, scientists worked with 42 patients who were diagnosed with high cholesterol. The patients took one gram of spirulina per day for three months, and their lipid profile was assessed at...
gymdandee | Last answer
Hi I am 35 (83kg lean)& lead an active lifestyle with plenty of walking & weight training.Diet wise I eat a large amount of vegetables (organic where possible),avocados,bananas & melon, eggs (mostly organic), plenty of nuts, lots of oily...
joep1980 | Last answer
518117_tn?1429279873
I have been on Lipitor for less than a year. Has brought my cholesterol down from 260 to 175. Triglycerides though are still 338. I am not overweight and try to be healthy. I have to be because I am a 2 time cancer survivor. Anyway, just...
lynnkay | Last answer
Hey folks good morning. My doctor ran some blood work on me and it came back with a "high" LDL cholesterol which was 127. My question is............Is this considered high, is there any reason to panic with this number, or is this one of...
Chowdahead76 | Last answer
3489276_tn?1347460401
Just got my result of my blood work my doctor told me i have to take meds to lower my LDL but im only 30 yrs old,4'11 and 135lbs i eat pretty healthy.My LDL is 204 mg/dl HDL is 51 mg/dl triglyceride is 139 mg/dl total cholesterol 281 nev...
waym | Last answer
10996785_tn?1432816577
Hey guys. I post in different communities here. I know that it's known that lipitor has the side-effect of muscle tiredness and aches. Has anyone else have to deal with this? Man it's off the hook. I almost am paralyzed fro, lipitor. Thi...
refills | Last answer
these r my last results: fbs 103 ldl 112 hdl 61 hba1c 5.4 chol 183 trigly 50 bun 23 creatinie 1.12 i am 36 year old 182 cm and 82 kg what is your opinion about results?
alirezaa | Posted
My spouse is 45 and on one of those checkup Has been diagnosed with fatty lever-grade 2,also the gall bladder contains a 19mm stone, (non alcoholic). His triglycerides also are at 356.Doctor has advised to undergo surgery and get the g...
ispeak | Posted
REPORT RESULT-Lipid profile BIOCHEMISTRY Serum.triglycerides = 49 mg/dl Serum.cholesterol = 161 mg/dl HDL-cholesterol = 40.0 mg/dl LDL-cholesterol = 107 mg/dl VLDL-cholesterol = 10 mg/dl NON-HDL cholesterol = 121 mg/dl ...
Reemma | Last answer
So I have had low cholesterol ever since I could remember. I always donate RBC and receive my total cholesterol each time. The numbers always have ranged between 120-180. Throughout these ranges I have been between great highs and lows o...
Marino1985 | Posted
Dear sir, My weight is 50 kg and height is 5 feet. My Lipid Profile result is below.I am not smoking and drink alcohol. Cholesterol= 321 mg/dl Triglycerides= 134 mg/dl HDL = 34 mg/dl LDL = 239 mg/dl VLDL = 27mg/dl I did not eat...
ACHAULCE24 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cholesterol Community Resources