Fever and fatigue for over 4 weeks
I'm looking for ideas. I got sick with classic head cold symptoms on August 1st. It was a nasty cold with a fever 99-101.5. The cold symptoms faded over time but I have been stuck with the fever, crushing fatigue, dizziness, and shortness of breath. Tests have been completely normal: CBC, CBC with manual differential, complete metabolic panel, mono test, sed rate. I took a course of azithromycin and got worse while taking it. My doctors are clueless. The regular doctor just said "I don't know what to tell you." The naturopathic doctor thinks it might be c difficile since I've been on antibiotics a lot this year. But I don't have any GI symptoms at all. I'm running a triple-digit fever every day. I have sinusitis and chest pain and a bit of a cough but no signs of infection in either area. I'm trying to figure out what kind of doctor to go see next. I'd be happy to hear any ideas or suggestions.
High grade fever cannot be taken lightly. Fever can be because of infections – viral, typhoid, malaria etc or chest or sinus infection. To make the diagnosis blood tests, X-ray chest and a thorough evaluation should be done. Consult a physician/ internal medicine and an ENT specialist for an examination. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
could be environmental allergies ..
Still having symptoms, but the doc took a closer look at my CBC and thought it looked like Epstein-Barr. A protracted case of mono makes sense. I'm less fatigued than I was at the beginning.
Have you ever been tested for Lyme Disease?  It's a bad one.  I think that my husband has it now, but his test was negative.  I'm thinking of taking him somewhere else to have it tested again.  That's the only thing that makes sense as all of his blood tests have come back fine.  This is a man that has was a logger, never been sickly and very active.  He has been running a fever for 4 weeks, has joint pain, and overall lameness now.  He needs help putting on his socks and shoes.