Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
C.O.P.D. night sweats

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

C.O.P.D. night sweats
I have a very sever COPD and lately I have woken up several times during the night with night sweats. I did the same thing a couple of years ago, they lasted a few nights and then they went away, but now they are back. My doctor does not know what is causing these, but he says that they are usually associated with TB. I do not have TB. So if TB is not the cause, then what could be causing them to come and go like that? My friend says that they could also be caused by an infection, but I have been on Bactrum for several days now, over the last few months I have been on and off antibotics for lung infections and have not had night sweats.
Infection is a cause of night sweats.  Sometimes people with difficulty breathing who are lying down also notice these.  Working with your Pulmonologist to be sure you do not have an infection is the first step.  Next is working at controlling your COPD. It may simply be that you are working hard when you are lying down at night breathing.
Sleep apnea is another possible cause for night sweats.  I'm surprised the nurse didn't mention it.  I would ask my pulmo about a sleep study if I were  you, esp. if you have other risk factors.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker