Aa
A
A
Close

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Forum

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

1 - 20 (of 875) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi doc i have been sob for a year I have had a full pft the results are Fev 1 121% Fvc. 117% Fev 1/fvc 85% Tlc 112% Rv 97% Rv/Tlc ratio 86% of predicted Dlco 116% I also have had a cardio pulmonary exercise test. I excersised ...
memorex335 | Last answer
Had sickness fatigue but worst of all dihorea had blood tests stool tests and nothing.. No inflammation or that! Taking over my life i get slight fevers allso. Gd days n bad day depressed with it hardly leave the house in tired my skin l...
tinaxoxo | Last answer
I had a mild case of pneumonia in March. I say mild because it cropped up overnight and didn't cause much problem in the hospital. After release I was advised to take a PFT to see if I had asthma. Dr. said I should be at 85 at least. I b...
cate0168 | Last answer
1323747_tn?1364810482
My husband has developed a tight band around his abdomen that restricts his breathing. He has had this about 10 months. He was told a quick check of his maximum breathing ability showed 65% of lung capacity. He has had increased secret...
mtgardner | Last answer
I don't mean this as an insult to the medical profession in any way, I have known many fine doctors in my life, but those of us who have COPD really have a rough time getting treatment. I for one am a good patient, pay my bill, am on ti...
TexasAnnie | Last answer
I am a 54 yr old female, I have several conditions , fibromyalgia, spinal stenosis, cysts on spinal ending , liver , and kidneys, I am at a point I don't know what to do for the last year I have been battling numerous infections at the s...
ladymichele | Last answer
I have copd and asthma just had my check up and can't understand Results am I doing ok quit smoking 4 years ago fVC pred.2.44 measured 2.31. % 95 FEV1 pred.2.05 measured 1.60 % 78 FEV1% pred.79 measured 69 % -10 PEF pred...
Leahah | Last answer
I posted a question earlier but I want to show what the xray findings were. Lungs look well expanded and clear with no pneumonia or edema noted. The heart size is within normal limits. No pleural fluid or pneumothorax is seen. No lung ...
ozambrana11 | Last answer
I was exposed to second hand smoke for years in the military before non tobacco areas were instituted. I was diagnosed with moderate COPD in Aug 2012. I had no symptoms early on. Can COPD take that long to affect a person. I enlisted ...
CHIEFBOB | Last answer
Hi 52yr. old female, height 64", weight144, smoker. I'm not exactly sure where I stand. My regular dr. says I'm moderate to severe and the lung dr. wouldn't say anything other than I have a asthma component and added another inhaler. ...
mabiehelp | Last answer
i have copd which i thought i had now got under control i am a non smoker of 58 i am woman ,,i have lots of health problems arthritis polymylygia which i have had to take massive dozes of predinzone tramadol pregablin frusimide 80mg inh...
norahb | Last answer
I'm a 68 yr. old disabled female, just quit smoking early in March. I was recently hospitalized for what I'd understood was pneumonia only to discover my primary had listed COPD as one of my dx's. I've never had any kind of pulmona...
marcieim | Last answer
Hello! I am a 48yo male, and I quit smoking about 30 days ago (10-15 cigs a day for about 30 years). I went in for a physical exam, the MD congratulated me for quitting nicotine and gave me a chest x-ray. These are the results, I didn't ...
fdmjm | Last answer
I am a 58 yr old female who was told I have COPD, stage 2. ( I have never smoked a day in my life). the reason I went to the doctor in the first place was I was noticing that as I would talk I would gasped for air in the middle of talkin...
brighteyes12 | Last answer
My pulse ox is 84 and in 5ltrs of oxygen have pneumonia copd and asthma what should i do
lanettebourland | Last answer
Hi my mom just told me she was diagnosed with emphysema and copd with lung capacity of 48%. I'm really worried and not sure what to think. She's also still smoking and has smoked for 40+ years. Anyone have any ideas on what her prognosis...
TFox1983 | Last answer
Hi there im a nearly 21 yr old female have been smoking for 5 yrs on and off i weigh 38kg and 151cm tall . I have anxiety and panic attacks. Over the past month i started getting pains in my back and chest and up my left arm . I went to ...
shorty112 | Last answer
I am 44 y/o female with a almost 31 year habit of smoking,my fev1 was 31% and diffusion capacity was 35%,a few months back had my first episode of hypercarpnia (I don't know if a spelled that right)my question is will I regain any lung f...
barbara69 | Last answer
I quit smoking 4 months ago after smoking for 25 years. I am 41 years old and had a ct scan done that showed mild emphysematous changes with mild scattered lung disease. I also, had pulmonary function tests done and my fev/fev1 was 73%. ...
kaykay73 | Last answer
Although I have developed very minor swallowing issues in the last 2 months I seem to have no problem breathing, even though it seems to take slightly more effort on occasion and have a dry cough several times a day now. My blood pressur...
p1954 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank