Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
I have 36% lung capacity and I walk one and a half kilometers daily.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

After walking my reading is 106 over 83 on my pulseometer.  I have emphysema, is this level safe.
Hi!
You must only walk and work depending on the strain you can take. You must not over-exert. You must not be painting and gasping for breath. You must take your medications on time. And you must follow your doctor’s instructions. You may need oxygen therapy from time to time. Please discuss this with your doctor.
Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you for your advice.  My lung specialist only prescribes oxygen therapy as a last resort, and I cannot purchase it privately so I have to battle on . If I dont walk daily I am afraid I will soon be totally unable to do much of anything as it is an effort now to do routine chores.