Aa
A
A
Close

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

1 - 20 (of 1774) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, I'm 32 yr old female. I had been smoking for 19 years...woo long time. About 2 1/2-3 mos ago I went from a pack a day to 3-5 cigs a day, then about a 3 weeks ago, I went to 1 cig a day and now I've been completely cig free for ...
illektronika | Last answer
I SUFFER FROM CHRONIC COPD AND I HAVE NO INSURANCE SO THEREFORE I HAVE NO DOCTOR. THE DRS. I HAD PREVIOUSLY HAVE PRESCRIBED ME COMBIVENT INHALER AND ALBULTEROL BREATHING TREATMENTS. THE REASON THEY PRESCRIBED THESE IS I CAN USE MY HUSB...
weizs48 | Last answer
Yesterday, my fiance and couple of our friends went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant, I was eating a tortilla chip and one of my friends said something that made me laugh, while I was laughing, I could swear I felt a piece of the chip ...
Taylor516 | Last answer
Smoking for 20 years- 8-12 smokes a day age 38-stopped smoking a week ago…never had a health problem not even a fever ever… Aug 2015 it begins- I had a breathing attack well staying at a relative’s home (old house with dust)..i had to...
Chanty10 | Last answer
Haven't been diagnosed yet, but apparently there's a strong chance I have it. (symptoms for 3 years including wheezing 75% of the time I breathe, struggling to breathe, almost passing out from doing any strenuous activity). Everything...
dn12345 | Last answer
Hi.. I am a 60 years old young woman :) I was diagnosed with Pneumonia on Dec 14. I took it pretty easy.. My Md gave me a Z pack.. saying it was viral and it would take 4-6 weeks or longer .. The original X-ray said.. I likely had Pneu...
klee54 | Last answer
I tried to vacuum up plaster dust but the dust bag exploded and it's all over the floor in the basement. The dust is all over the inside of the vacuum which is open. I tired to close it up and I stirred up the dust and inhaled it. I can...
FallonComeau | Last answer
Hi.. I am a 60 years old young woman :) I was diagnosed with Pneumonia on Dec 14. I took it pretty easy.. My Md gave me a Z pack.. saying it was viral and it would take 4-6 weeks or longer .. The original X-ray said.. I likely had Pneum...
klee54 | Posted
My mom has COPD, last night for first time she was coughing up bright pink blood, should she go to the hospital right away
Glitter30 | Posted
I have thrush in my esphogas which was probably caused by my inhaler. The one I am using seems to give me the most relief so, has anyone found an effective way of controling the thrush?
magorg2000 | Last comment
IM 55 old white male . had pfts done the past 4 years .. ct scan showed mild upper lobe emphysema markings and my alpha test was negative... smoke now for 41 years quitiing jan 1st. my latest pft was fvc 81% ...
MATTYTIRED | Posted
Can someone explain my pulmonary function test resuls. They are as follow; FVC ref 3.54 pre meas 4.32 pre ref. 122. FEV1 2.80 pre meas 2.99 pre ref 107. FEV1/FCV ref 80 pre meas 69. fEF25-75%ref 2.73 pre meas 2.04 pre ref 75. PEF 6...
otto12 | Posted
Hi doctor, My close friend of mine died due to shorten breath which lead to heart attack , she was only 25 . She Collapsed and died with in 5 min during walking.She had a pulmonary infection in one for her lungs which was working onl...
Joel_dix | Posted
I have very strong pain on the left side of my back right below shoulder blade and above the waste line. Is getting progressively worse and gravity seems to irritate it more. I felt minor discomfort as I was landing at home after a 12...
Purpleviv | Posted
I have had a pain in the left side of my back about 3 inches up from the start of my ribcage that has really troubled me for 4 days now. The pain came out of no where when I was just sitting at work, which is wierd considering I play hoc...
euj5927 | Last answer
I hear inspiratory crackles from my right lung for 3 months now. I also have only mild shortness of breath and coughing. My pulmonologist said I had asthma with a little obstruction. My inhaler doesnt work for me. When I do exercises and...
Norcikaa | Posted
I felt shortness of breath last week, went to see a doctor (Allergist), Took pulmo function test in his office, got a number 86, the doctor said, it is not bad, but I really don't know what it is. X-ray came back Today said---'No acute ...
hypogirl80 | Last answer
I have just been diagnosed via endoscopy that I have reflux, as i suffer from empysema this is now making me extreemley gasping for breath even at rest can anyone suggest or help.
genty192 | Last answer
Hi, My mom has stage IV COPD and 30% lung function. She has exacerbations when she flies, including both of her most recent visits to see family. On the first flight she was in quite a bit of distress and they gave her oxygen (which h...
ms3213 | Posted
My mother aged 57 has an ongoing case of rheumatoid arthiritis and high blood pressure which mostly remains in control.She was recently complaining of fever and suddenly developed a cough and congestion in chest. She had trouble swallowi...
makstudy | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...