Aa
A
A
Close

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

1 - 20 (of 1782) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My husband was recently told by a doctor that he has early emphysema. He is not a smoker, but he has used the cpap for several years now. Could not changing his tubing and mask cause an infection in his lungs that could cause him to ha...
  Posted
Am I to understand that emphysema is a disease that will progress on its own, no matter what you do? I have quit smoking, but it worries me that the emphysema will get worse and there is nothing that will cure it. I do not want to live a...
  Posted
Is it possible to have COPD if i'm only 21 years old? It's hard to breath almost all the time and i don't know if it's just because im thinking about my breathing or i have a real COPD. I smoked for 1 years (1 pack was enough for 2-3 day...
  Posted
Hi, i'm 40 years old , and i've been smoking for 23, cigarretts and marijuana, but i quited smoking bouth for a while, ciggarretts since june of last year and marijuana since february of this year, i chest pain that never last long, it a...
  Posted
Hi, i'm 40 years old , and i've been smoking for 23, cigarretts and marijuana, but i quited smoking bouth for a while, ciggarretts since june of last year and marijuana since february of this year, i chest pain that never last long, it a...
  Posted
3 yrs. ago my wife was diagnosed with COPD. At that time she was put on oxygen part time and within 3 months she was on 24/7 at 3 liters. 2 yrs. ago her saturation level walking was 97 and this year at rest it was 89. Last lung capacity ...
  Posted
Would be thankful for help, I'm new here. I am 50 years old and smoked for 35 years. Had a CT and it show emphysema. Had a PFT but my Consultant was not very helpful. Could someone please help me understand my PFT results and do I ...
  Posted
I am a 41 year old male, non smoker. I have had an achy chest pain that has continued for about 3 years. I have been mildly short of breath the last three years but assumed I might be getting in slightly worse shape. This last week th...
  Posted
I went to the hosp for being sick and they took an x-ray of my lungs and the x-ray tech had to take 2 x-rays because she said I had long lungs. After blood work and x-rays they said I had the flu and bronchitis... My Aunt had copd (dont ...
  Posted
I am having this condition for quite some time and I want to check if these symptoms are experienced by anyone and would like to seek your advise in regards to what should be my next steps. Symptoms: 1. I am able to inhale more and ...
  Posted
Can the CPap machine cause lung infections
  Posted
Does anyone else have trouble with their oxygen cannula dribbling condensed water into their nose? This is the second concentrator I've had that does this and it's making it nearly impossible to sleep - just when you're almost asleep you...
  Posted
Hi, I'm 32 yr old female. I had been smoking for 19 years...woo long time. About 2 1/2-3 mos ago I went from a pack a day to 3-5 cigs a day, then about a 3 weeks ago, I went to 1 cig a day and now I've been completely cig free for ...
  Posted
I SUFFER FROM CHRONIC COPD AND I HAVE NO INSURANCE SO THEREFORE I HAVE NO DOCTOR. THE DRS. I HAD PREVIOUSLY HAVE PRESCRIBED ME COMBIVENT INHALER AND ALBULTEROL BREATHING TREATMENTS. THE REASON THEY PRESCRIBED THESE IS I CAN USE MY HUSB...
  Posted
Yesterday, my fiance and couple of our friends went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant, I was eating a tortilla chip and one of my friends said something that made me laugh, while I was laughing, I could swear I felt a piece of the chip ...
  Posted
Smoking for 20 years- 8-12 smokes a day age 38-stopped smoking a week ago…never had a health problem not even a fever ever… Aug 2015 it begins- I had a breathing attack well staying at a relative’s home (old house with dust)..i had to...
  Posted
Haven't been diagnosed yet, but apparently there's a strong chance I have it. (symptoms for 3 years including wheezing 75% of the time I breathe, struggling to breathe, almost passing out from doing any strenuous activity). Everything...
  Posted
Hi.. I am a 60 years old young woman :) I was diagnosed with Pneumonia on Dec 14. I took it pretty easy.. My Md gave me a Z pack.. saying it was viral and it would take 4-6 weeks or longer .. The original X-ray said.. I likely had Pneu...
  Posted
I tried to vacuum up plaster dust but the dust bag exploded and it's all over the floor in the basement. The dust is all over the inside of the vacuum which is open. I tired to close it up and I stirred up the dust and inhaled it. I can...
  Posted
Hi.. I am a 60 years old young woman :) I was diagnosed with Pneumonia on Dec 14. I took it pretty easy.. My Md gave me a Z pack.. saying it was viral and it would take 4-6 weeks or longer .. The original X-ray said.. I likely had Pneum...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...