Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
Question?

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Question?

Do ALL people with cirrhosis of the liver eventually get enlarged abdomens? I've seen some of the pics and the really scary. My bf is stage 4 and looks nothing like that. Will he eventually get that way? Little scared right now.
You are so worried about that guy. Relax your making yourself crazy. That relapse was just not needed was it. I'm sure he's going to get help. I almost worry about you as much as hector!!! Your so sweet to worry but you relax. I asked my dr. the belly question on Monday. I'm stage 4, compensated. But his answer was its basically food!! Lol! Thanks doc!!   Ok let's take deep breaths and get some sleep. Well I'm in cal so I'll get some rest!!    Kitty
I know it. I've been so worried that lately I've made myself sick. Honestly I've been more upset about this all than he has himself. I'm going to try to start relaxing a little more, my dr has upped my dosage on my anxiety medication so that should help some. Thank u all for being so good to me and so supportive. My mind has always wondered too much. I will try my best to relax and let his dr take care of him :-)
Those pics. you see online are of people with ascites which goes primarily with decompensated cirrhosis. There are medications that help manage it.
Your boyfriend is not at that stage and probably won't be.

Try to draw the line between caring and worrying. I know, easier said than done, but if you can support him and not burden yourself and him with your worry you will get through this period more easily.
You both are doing everything necessary for his health, de-stress and enjoy your lives together. He is not in pain, he doesn't feel sick, that is wonderful. Be happy and continue to support and monitor his liver.
It is going to be okay, believe me.
Thank you!! You guys always seem to make me feel much better :-)
Hi.  I simply wanted to comment on your comforting messages and also your knowledge of HepC and treatment.  We're lucky to have you on this board.  I just wanted you to know you're appreciated.  :)