Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Cirrhosis of the Liver Community

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

1 - 20 (of 753) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
317787 tn?1460223707
Hi I asked a question at the end of last month about a person with HCV with fluid in legs and abdomen. Now this person has fluid in his lungs. He has had a gallon of fluid removed over the last week. He doesn't seem to understand that...
  Posted
I have fatty liver problem over 4 years. Now I have yellowing of feet as in the picture. Is this jaundice? My eyes are normal color. Can you have jaundice only at feet? I will be happy for your comments.
  Posted
18020142 tn?1462404404
Hello, I am new here! I have 2 questions I was drinking beer up til almost a month ago, from Christmas til after Easter, I noticed my palms were speckled red, and blotchy...I googled that and it said liver disease! Does all red palms...
  Posted
I have been cured of HCV a year now, have an indeterminate diagnosis of cirrhosis and feel tight in my chest and can get a little breathless of exertion. My doctor had me perform a lung function test in her surgery and it was normal. My ...
  Posted
So glad I found this site and hoping you guys can provide me with some information. I will apologize in advance that this may be a long post, but I want to provide as much information as I can. I am a 46 year old man, not a binge drin...
  Posted
I have cirrhosis of the liver from Hepatitis C. I have been cured with Harvoni, and have been making progress towards better liver health. I had my regular liver bloodwork done and was told that I was a "7" which is good and lower than t...
  Posted
My blood tests have been running like this: Bilirubin 0.4 AST 310 ALT 225 MPV 7.2 Should I be concerned?
  Posted
683231 tn?1438659664
FYI for all interested Abstract Background and aims The success of direct acting antivirals against hepatitis C is a major breakthrough in Hepatology. Until now, however, there are very few data on the effect of HCV eradication ...
  Posted
My brother is currently under the care of myself and my husband. He is on the waiting list for a transplant with a MELD of 22. This number is too low in my area to be anywhere near the top of the list. My husband and I work full time ...
  Posted
I have cirrhosis. Been treated and cured for hep c at one year mark. All blood tests are looking good. Slightly low platlets. Have just developed ver bad burning hands and feet. Has anyone experienced this?
  Posted
10425965 tn?1456089096
Hi, I have 4th stage cirrhosis that fortunately is compensated. I am 51 years of age soon to be 52 and am being checked on every 6 mos with Ultrasounds and Doctors Visits. I did have hep c but licked it due to the newer treatment so a Wi...
  Posted
I did a search of the community, but could not what I am looking for...one that explains what tests are required. I had an ultrasound prior to HCV tx that did not indicate cirrhosis, I did not have a biopsy. After six months of interfero...
  Posted
317787 tn?1460223707
Hi all. I have a friend who is in the hospital right now. He is suffering from edema in legs so badly the legs are weeping. He looks about 8 months pregnant. He went to the ER hoping they would/could drain the fluid from his abdomen ...
  Posted
89592 tn?1391278022
Compared to US from 3/18/13 I had to get this US done at another hosp because dr canceled my appt and would be gone for 2 weeks so my March appt wouldnt be done till May... so decided to get an order from him and get the US done in ...
  Posted
Hello, newbie on here so hope this is ok to ask. In January this year, I went to the doctor as was feeling generally tired and little motivation. I had been tracking my drinking in November and December and it was high, averaging 50 ...
  Posted
What kind of pain medication can you take when you have cirrhosis, my doc is taking me off of Tramadol
  Posted
I am 45 years old and a female. For over 7 years I have had an off and on dull pain on my left side. It mostly hurt when I moved. It felt like my ribs were hitting something and it hurt. It would last for a few weeks and disappear. It wo...
  Posted
I have always been afraid to come on the cirrhosis forum because I don't want to know how sick I am.I am a lifetime non responder and the last 2 times I cleared only to relapse immediately.Geno 1a stage 4 a long time.What I call my death...
  Posted
Hi, I just discovered this health community and in reading through some of the post and subsequent and answers I feel a little overwhelmed. But here goes, my mother is 76 y.o. and about 8 years ago she was diagnosed with Cirrhosis of ...
  Posted
Hello all, my mother 65 year old has hepC, likely acquired in the 1970s from injection drug use. She was diagnosed with fibrosis sometime after 2005. (Sorry I don't know the stage or what year it was.) She went on a peginterferon regimen...
  Posted
A
A
Recent Activity
406584 tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 commented on msdelight's status
5 hrs ago
317787 tn?1460223707
Blank
Dee1956 commented on VICourageous's status
May 02