Colitis Community
Constipation/Clear Excretion Problems

Colitis is swelling (inflammation) of the large intestine, which is also known as the colon. This community is a place to find others who share your interest in colitis. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with colitis patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with colitis, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Constipation/Clear Excretion Problems

I am a 19 year old female, and I have been experiencing particular problems with my stomach and anus. So while my main problem doesn't exactly pertain to colitis, I did have an episode last Saturday that could relate to my current problem. On Saturday, late at night, I had sudden pain in my stomach and diarrhea that had me in such discomfort that I was sweating and near crying.

So, lol, my current problem has happened three nights in a row, always after midnight (not when I'm sleeping, however, I go to sleep around 2). I start getting this urge to go to go the bathroom, but when I try, I can only discharge small amounts of faeces. The problem is though, once I discharge small (and broken) faeces without being able to discharge more, I feel that I still NEED to go to the restroom. My anus in particular feels extremely uncomfortable, and it really only feels comfortable when I'm "trying" to go the bathroom on a toilet (which leads to problems later on because I had been using my flexing those muscles for too long on the toilet). So while I am sitting on the toilet, I get no discharge of faeces, but instead a get small amounts of clear excretion. I know this because I can see it in the toilet bowl, about the size of a nickel, and non-polar. I must stress that my main concern is the uncomfortableness of my anus. I can't even search for it on google, because there is no way I can medically describe my problem and expect to get a reasonable feedback from the internet. Anyway, this is all brought on by a sudden "irritation" I'll call it, by my anus. It's like it needs to be suddenly "opened," tricking me that I need to use the restroom.

I don't even know if this is constipation... There is no hard or dry stool, and besides these last couple of days, I don't have any "constipation" experiences to compare it to. My diet hasn't changed either, so I don't know what brought this on. As for my stomach, I don't have any sort of sever pain, but more like light cramping sensations for about two hours early evening.

Someone help ):