Has anyone had "Pouch" surgery?

My doctor has suggested I have an internal "pouch" surgery rather than an external bag.  I am 6'1" and weigh about 240 lbs.  I've read that sometimes the "pouch" won't work if a person is too tall or too heavy.  Has anyone had success with the internal pouch?

Michael
I had a colectomy and was given a j pouch.  I had a 'bag' for 6 months, but have not have it for 5 years.  If j pouch is an option, it can be a great one.  Do your research on your surgeon.  I've seen plenty of patients with nasty scars and complications due to a poorly done surgery.  Get somebody who specializes in colorectal surgery.
I am 27 years old and I had the j-pouch surgery in 2007 at 21 years old after having UC pretty bad for 8 years. It was a difficult time in my life and unfortunately I had many complications with my surgery....gastritis, dehydration, abdominal abcess, and a revision surgery due to a hole in my pouch.....but now that everything has healed and it's been 6 years, I can honestly say it was the best decision I've made. I'm pain free and can eat a pretty regular diet. I do have to make sure I drink plenty of fluids because with not having a colon, you get dehydrated easily, and the biggest issue is having about 6-8 liquid to semi-formed bowel movements per day. I had a very very good surgeon and all of my complications had nothing to do with his work, but just my body's reaction to everything. But everyone is different. I don't regret my decision whatsoever. There is a website www.j-pouch.org that will answer a lot of your questions and give you a forum that revolves completely around this surgery. Good luck with everything!