chrons and pregnancy -HELP!
I was quite ill over the summer with sickness abdomen pain and diherroa. Have had nausea and abdomen pain since august waiting for more tests. my doc suggested i go dairy free and the symptoms have reduced. have now found out i am pregnant and am concerned about how chrons can affect pregnancy. I have steadily been losing weight due to not eating very much around a lb a week. i am really worried about what to do!

Does anyone else have any answers?
My most immediate advice would be to schedule an appt with your gastroenterologist to Getty some information on how your disease will affect your pregnancy. I am a nurse and I also have ulcerative colitis and am pregnant so I can tell you that your fluid intake and prenatal vitamins are super important! Depending on what part of your digestive tract is affected and to what extent will determine how much fluid intake and absorption of nutrients is affected. The small bowel has more to do with nutrient absorption and the large bowel is more fluid/hydration. It probably will be someday of an issue that you are losing so much weight, however, there are liquid supplements and whatnot that the doctor can recommend that might help. Also with having the diarrhea it is likely that you can get dehydrated which can cause pregnancy problems so I also recommend that you start drinking gatorade our something with electrolytes in it to counteract some of that. Anyways, definitely keep regular appts with your gastroenterologist and ob-gyn and good luck with everything!