Colon Cancer Community
Question about colon cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

Question about colon cancer?

So I have been worrying about colon cancer off and on for over 3 months right now. From what I've been hearing getting symtoms (symptoms) with colon cancer usually doesn't happen later on right? So let's assume ribbon/penceil thin stool is a symtom of colon cancer like everyone else says it it. If I had colon cancer since I started worrying about it, wouldn' things have gotten a lot worse for me by now and I would have a lot of the other symtoms (symptoms) by now too?
bump
You don't say how old you are but colon cancer tends to occur at age 40+.

However, if there has been a change in your bowel habits then do seek medical advice and don't delay.

One of my wife's uncles had colon cancer symptoms but delayed seeking medical advice and he eventually died.  The doctors said "if only you had come to see us sooner....".  Don't let this happen to you.

regards
Morecambe
I really think you should have a colonoscopy done.

It is by far the golden test for colon problems.

It is far better to be on the cautious side and get the test on a regular basis.

I think persons with a family history of CC should get one at least every five years after age 50.  And after age 60 get one every 2 1/2 to 3 years.  Why, because I had colonoscopy at 63 and all was okay.  Got a colonoscopy at age 68 and I had a golf ball sized cancerous tumor in my sigmoid colon.  After age 60 it is my opinion that one is more susceptible to getting a cancerous tumor.

I had my surgery last Thursday and am home recouping.

Good luck and do see you doctor soon to see what is going on in that colon...
Are you noticing any other symptoms such as bleeding, abdominal pain, or weight loss? Narrow stool can be cause by things other than colon cancer such as hemorrhoids. While normally symptoms don't develop until later in the disease there have been cases where symptoms have occurred very early in the disease. I would strongly suggest seeing a GI specialist about this.
One other thing that can cause your stool to be that way is if there is inflammation due to Crohn's that will restrict your intestenes and cause diarreha or thin stool. please go and get a colonoscopy. Iv not had mine just yet I go and get one on Monday and I'm only 30 Dr thinks I have crohn's. good luck and keep me posted on what u find out.

nikki
hi i would like to know about Hernia and what can we do to fix it normaly if there is a way if there isnt then i would liketo know who we can fix it and what is the best thing to do ?? replay fast please, thank you
hi eyeryone ivv had this problem for about 2 years  when id go to the loo and  on my poo (stool)  there would be blood but it is not continues it comes and goes for about 2/3 months

should i be  worried plz reply as soon as possible
Hello Dear,
Do u have anything else going on.Like weight loss? Or are u more tried than before.Is your stool getting thinner?? I didnt have any insurance and no one would take me.When my husband did get a job that had insurance.I went to the doctor.And sure enough.I have stage 3 colon cancer. They have removed a 4 1/2 inch tumor from my rectum.And my doctor messed me up.So im back to the OR for the same surgery.A 20 inch cut and more of my colon needs to be removed.Cause of my doctor left me a hole in my colon.But anyways there is much more that i have gone through.Plus 6 weeks of radiation and chemo pills and on Monday i will have my 9th IV chemo.And it will be my last one.Thank u God. But honey please go see your doctor.Dont wait.U dont want to be me.The pain is great and ungodly at times.And all the chemo has left me with some bad side affects.I hate someone messing with my butt.But its better than going thru this crap.Please keep me posted on u dear.I care and i will pray for u that its nothing bad.Sending loving hugs Linda