Complementary Medicine Community
why very cold hands and feet while getting acupuncture

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

can anyone tell me the reason for getting cold hands and feet while getting acupuncture.the first treatment I got my body had uncontrollable shakes.( that was a few years ago)
Today my hands and feet were very cold  and i would jump when needles inserted though I did not feel scared..Is there a sympathetic nervous sytem connection.whats up??
What are you being treated for? The heart is the fire of this therapy and if the concentration of needing the heat to transfer elsewhere ie- liver, kidneys, muscle generation then the circulatory areas that are thin otherwise like fingers and toes could become cold during treatment. You could need some oxygen therapy along with acupuncture to help the blood transfer through the body more. Also de- hydration works against the blood.