Complementary Medicine Community
NATURAL REMEDY FOR ADD WITH THE EFFECTS OF VYVANSE...PLEASE HELP!

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

HELP! Is there something NATURAL that can help my ADD and make me feel the same way that I do now (on Vyvanse)? I just do not want to be on meds forever. THANK YOU SO MUCH! GOD BLESS!
Donna
For natural way, do this pranayam for 30 minutes, twice a day. Come back in 8 weeks, to indicate how you are feeling, and I will post some more techniques to help you. With medicine you may have to keep increasing the dose, so start the natural method and avoid the side effects.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
March 16 ,2011