Complementary Medicine Community
Prednisolone wearing out

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

Prednisolone wearing out

Hi i took 30mg of prednisolone for 2 days. how long will the medication be out of my system?
Hello worriedman198,
Prednisolone - the active form of prednisone. According to the reference book I'm currently looking at, The Canadian Guide to Drugs and Supplements" published by Reader's Digest, prednisone/prednisolone,
has the following information for users.
* Your drug prescription is tailored for you. Do not alter dosage without
checking with your physician.
Frequency and timing of doses
1 - 2  x  daily or on alternate days with food ( tablets/injections)

Onset of effect
2 - 4 days

Duraction of action

12 - 72 hours

Hope this helps :)
The above doesn't answer the question.  It does say how long the stuff works for, but doesn't indicate how long it is stored in the body.  I don't know the answer, it depends on whether any part of the drug is fat soluble, which means some of it could be stored in the liver for quite a while.  Doesn't mean you notice it.  Most drugs get partially stored in the liver because they're toxic to the body, so the body fights back, and one way of doing that is to hold on to part of it.  Drugs are made so as to overcome the body's rejection of them, but some does get stored.  How much depends on the person and how much you take and how fat soluble it is.