Compulsive Behaviors Expert Forum
do you still think its delusional disorder?

Questions in the Compulsive Behaviors forum are answered by Ted A Grossbart, Ph.D. from Harvard Medical School.

when obvious there was something,got him 2agree 2a 1off assesment,diagnosed with delusional disorder.had obvious symptoms at time,paraniod thoughts&behaviour,often fueled by irrational jealousy/mistrust.extream highs&lows,overly confident/severe depression,crying&wanting to die.severe anger has increased,unfortunatly i was already unknowingly pregnant.symptoms since-putting me in hospital 3times,mumbling&talking 2himself,often not aware he is doing it.repeating things over&again,even trivial things,like hit his fingers on the couch,would tell me 8times in a row.making me repeat things over.something trivial,i have to repeat it 5-10times.paranoia/jelously,might have2 repeat 20times in a row,60 times day,for subsequint days,again a week/few months later.answer these sort of questions everyday.will smack at his head&say understand understand,gets mad at himself he says because his brain wont understand.he can overly get mad at little things.he has broken into my house&hid in the shed.has hid across the road&spied on me.chased me in his car&run me off road.read my diaries&searched my house.smashes things.held his fingers to my head&said would shoot me if i revealled his'secret".a comulsive liar.will lie about everything.pointing out lies will cause him 2be angry,saying is sick of being accused.when cant lie,will give up&laugh,even over being caught cheating.will lie about little things too.told me he had a bad car accident when he hasnt,to get me to come home.watch him lie convinsingly to his mum&friends.will swear on his unborn child something is true,that is a lie.looses track of lies.lacks empathy for others.can be desperatly appologetic,when suits him or fears im not comming back.any kind of pain it is him him,but if i say i have a sore back he will get mad it might affect his day.can act sympathetic to others but when theyre not there,he couldnt care less.no tollerance for children/animals.use,steal.has moments seems like the most sensitive &caring man
This is a guy in big trouble who needs all the help he can get.  It also sounds like he is potentially dangerous to you and himself.  Do absolutely everything you can to get him into treatment and keep yourself safe.  Get maximum support for yourself to help you make better judgements in the future for yourself and the child.  This is very serious and will not fix itself.

tg

P.S.Don't focus on if he is delusional or not--this is very serious either way.
i have tried to get him to seea psyc but he always makes excuses and wont do it. im leaving him, but im worried he will try and take the baby when it is born. he comes from alot of money, his mum has already taken him to a lawyer and apparently he said having delusional disorder wont affect wether he could get custody. so im just trying to get some evidence of his illegal activities before i go. right now i know he is with another girl while he is txting me how much he loves me. its sickening. i dont want him to get any custody of my baby, i really do believe he would be a danger to him, and at best an extreamly bad example.
Leaving him is a very good idea.  Cover yourself with as much evidence and legal help as you can.  Get things in writing, on tape, witnesses, not your word against his.  It is not true his being delusional won't affect custody.  Be ready for a street fight but it is something you have to do for yourself and the baby.

Good Luck.

tg

do you think im right in thinking it wouldnt be good for him to have/be around my baby? what is your opinion on these times of disorders and their affect on children?
It sounds like he is  big trouble for you and the baby.  The problem is that it is his baby too and it is likely to come down to what a judge thinks is best.  That is why I suggest maximum legal help and documenting his various problems with objective evidence not just your word against his.

tg