Aa
A
A
Close

Compulsive Behaviors Forum

Questions in the Compulsive Behaviors forum are answered by Ted A Grossbart, Ph.D. from Harvard Medical School.

1 - 20 (of 303) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
We have an employee (unknown) who is smearing feces on the bathroom walls, management held a meeting and came up with different solutions. I believe that this is mental issue. can you give me some insight on what type of person we are lo...
rare3573 | Last answer
Hi I have a tendency to repeat certain behaviors. This can be extremely time-consuming and is enormously stressful (and embarrassing, and distressing, etc). The behaviors can cause bleeding, pain, infection and tardiness, etc. Worse ...
Jaquta | Last answer
My seven year old son has rocked himself to sleep every night for the past 5 or 6 years. He lies in his bed and rocks vigorously often humming nondescript tunes. Some nights he will keep rocking for an hour or more until he finally fall...
emptyshell | Last answer
Recently I was struck in the head and was diagnoised with post concussion syndrome. While I have improved cognatively my mental health has been waivering. I began having general anxiety which progressed to full blown panic attacks, whi...
Harlo69 | Last answer
Hello Dr. I am a 31-year old happily married man and am suffering extremely from (I think) h-OCD. I have always loved women and still do. I had some bad breakups but a few years back met the perfect girl for me. I played spots my whol...
nbst13 | Last answer
Last night after extensive picking of my legs and breats I thought to myself this is insane. It's been a week since I picked until last night, but still this has to stop. I took out my bio oil and mederma and smothered my legs and brea...
Theresa15 | Last answer
I have a diagnosis of OCD due to a history of obsessions, and countinual counting in my head, and touching things. Mostly my OCD is 'internal', so people don't notice unless I'm somewhere that makes me very anxious. However, the numbers/...
arual18 | Last answer
Hey everyone... Im 24 year old hterosexual white male and have always suffered from anxiety and i feel minor OCD. Anxiety runs very big in my family. Over the past few months i have had performance anxiety in the bedroom with a lot of th...
zuchowra | Last answer
Hi, I hope you can help me. I told a lie a while ago at my old workplace,( lets call it company A), I lied about where i grew up and chose a poorer area than the one i actually grew up in.). I suppose i lied to embelish the truth for S...
FireFly99999 | Last answer
Hi I am new to this forum. Ever since I was a teenager I have always fantisized. I pretend like I have other people around that are not really there. Mostly famous people. I pretend like they are part of my life. I used to do it when I w...
nicolettemarg | Last answer
A few months back my friend's 6 yr old son was rough housing with me and of course being 6 and young he was touching my breasts and pushing me into a wall playfully but I didn't stop him or correct him when he piushed on my breasts, I do...
autumnsky | Last answer
My daughter will be 9 years old soon. Problems we are havng when we the parents ask her a question she answers I dontknow or answers correct anser then doubts herself i dont know maybe this is for just about most of her answers.I asked h...
Mcmargo | Last answer
Were to begin....18 months ago my ex-wife started divorce proceedings. 12 months ago I met one particular girl that I'm obsessed with. I think about her from the moment I awake until the moment I go to sleep. I have even told her "I do...
fc_hat | Last answer
Good Morning I am 33 years, I had a first depression 12 years ago (mainly anxiety, not depressed), I took paxil 20mg for 2 years and reduced to 10mg everyday or even 5 mg each 2 days during 10 years (as i was feeling very well). Th...
AA2010 | Last answer
Info: 36 y/o F, Anxiety nos with dysthymia (diagnosed several years ago). Between 9 and 11 years of age, I started to have repetitive thoughts. My family life was very turbulant at the time. I don't really know what to call it. Always t...
heyhey36 | Last answer
When something bad or embarrassing happens to me i can obsesses about it for day, weeks and even years and everytime i think about it cause mild anxiety. Not bad enough that i can't breathe or my heart beats fast but bad enough to drive ...
CND234 | Last answer
I am 32 and have had pretty much a lifelong history of obsessive worrying. From research I've done, I'm pretty sure I'm OCD.I was so intensely anxious with it at age 28, I was prescribed Paxil. Started with 10-20 mg and ended up on 40 ...
justmeonline | Last answer
My negative thinking from OCD has made me believe I am a bad person, and that when I die I'll go to hell. Are these thinking's involuntary? Like take for instance if something catastrophic happen in the word whether it be here or in anot...
autumnsky | Last answer
My daughter is constantly making up stories to co-workers about a fictional life. When she is finally called on it, she seems to create a work situation so that she either quits or is fired. She has learning disabilities and feels infe...
CH400 | Last answer
My husband has finally gotten the nerve to tell me he has a problem. This is how he explains it to me.. he says that he can't stand for his left arm , hand to be touched. And if he touched something with his left hand he has to make su...
Butterfly426 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now