Congestive Heart Failure Community
Husband's Skin Coloring

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Husband's Skin Coloring

My husband is 56 and has 7 stents in his heart arteries and diabetes, high blood pressure; he is tired all the time, he is 5' 10" and 185 pounds.  Have noticed increase in tiredness last six months and his skin looks a little gray to me.  Could this be a sign of not getting enough oxygen?  He just went to the cardiologist and had a stress test that came out normal.  Has anyone else noticed issues with color of skin when someone has heart problems?
My uncle has two stents. Yes, he turned a bit gray when he was in the icu but then he was fine I think you should ask the doctor about him turnin gray. Its been 2 months but he still gets a bit tired when he takes stairs or showers.
God Bless you !
If the heart has been ruled out by tests and your husband's doctor, the problem could be anemia or leukemia. You are correct there appears to be a deficit of oxygenated blood. It can be a problem with the inadequate circulation (heart...ruled out, or respiratory problem) or low level of oxygen in the blood that is adequately circulated.

Hope this helps and thanks for sharing
I have CHF and end stage renal failure.  The "gray" look can be caused by many things.  In my case it was from the toxins in my system building up from the ESRD(end stage renal disease).  What it took to get my pink color back into my face was intense dialysis treatments and a week in the hospital.  What it will take to keep the color in my face is dialysis treatments for the rest of my life.

Since kidney failure and diabetes go together, I believe it would be proper protocol to check your husband for KF.  Your husband may have an underlying kidney problem that just hasn't been discovered yet, and if not, it still should be ruled out since he is also diabetic.

Also, since he has the stents in his heart, I assume he has recently undergone an invasive proceedure, and it takes a huge toll on the patient everytime they do anything with the heart.  It usually takes several months of hard work to get back to feeling better afterwards, and not feeling good can cause the gray look.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition