can you survive congestive heart failure
I am a 52 year old, male, with congestive heart failure. My output is approximatley 70%. I have passed out in the heat many times at work, and I have been treated for fluid - polmunary edama three times. I was diagnosed in 2,008. I am pre-diabetic, need two new knees - due to viral and osteo-arthritis. I have been told that my last C.T. Found three dozen polips - of which six are are about 11mil. In size. Doctor would like to remove all. My qusetion is about my angina. Even though I take dilitiazem and seven other drugs, I have begun experiencing chest pains again. This occurs during work or at rest. Should I bother my cardiologist, yet again?
I'm guessing that there is some confusion regarding terms.  Congestive Heart Failure is usually diagnosed when the Ejection Fraction (efficiency of the pumping ability) is less than 40%.  A normal EF is between 55-70%.  That said, you should indeed speak with your doctor about angina discomfort, that can happen regardless of the EF.  Do you have a history of heart blockages, stents, or a pacemaker?
I am new here. If i have a valve that is leaking and my heart is very enlarged, perhaps that is why the diagnosis? I am on 100mg lasiks, two ace inhibitors, two channel blockers, and a strong beta blocker. I have not been given any other diagnosis except malignant hypertension and congestive heart failure. Maybe I am missing something, and I should consult again?
There very well could be a valve leaking, you are taking a pretty strong dose of Lasik, and strong heart drugs,  I'll bet the Lasik keeps you busy!  I suspect that you have had an ECG that determined your valve leakage.  I'd recommend that you do indeed contact your doctor as ask for a copy of the procedure report of the ECG (also called EKG).  There are people on this site that can interpret the results.
I'm wondering if your doctor suggests that your heart is operating 70% below 'normal', not a Ejection Fraction level.
In answer to your question, I've had a number of procedures, but I'm twelve years past my Congestive Heart Failure diagnosis.  It can go up and down, and both drugs and procedures can influence the level of heart failure.  I have what is considered Congestive Heart Failure and today did my regular three mile walk, some of it uphill.  Have you had a test called an Angiogram to see if you have artery blockages.
Keep us informed.
thanks for the insight. You were correct, i had the info. Mixed up. O.k., i have a rate of about 30 to 35%. I still work and walk on weekends. I cannot work a full shift anymore though. These conversations are also the first time i have spoken to anyone since first being scared silly. I have another consult today. Thanks again for responding.
Let us know what you learn.