Aa
A
A
Close
2132648 tn?1335717496
heart pumping air
Why would someone's heart pump air instead of blood and can they survive? I just received a phone call that my 71-year-old mother-in-law's heart is pumping air and not blood. I am scared to death and no one is giving me any answers.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
144586 tn?1284669764
No. Someone who is either mentally challenged, or received their medical credential with boxtops provided you with that answer. That is not to say that something is not seriously wrong with your loved one's heart. Then again the problem may not be so serious. Stop worrying. Things may not be as bad as you think .  I suggest you find an adult who is familiar with your mother's condition to speak with.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
2132648 tn?1335717496
Thank you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
63984 tn?1385441539
I'm guessing here, but perhaps the conversation was based on the amount of oxygen getting to your mother's heart.  Oxygen is carried by the blood to the heart tissue/muscle.  By the fact you are posting on this board, I suspect your mother has congestive heart failure, and it is extremely common for those of us with that condition to have problems getting oxygen to the heart as the blood supply is diminished.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1500525 tn?1458533598
Blank
uush uploaded new photos
Aug 16
566249 tn?1294661218
Blank
GardeniaDreams So very tired. Comment
Jul 24
Blank
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
Congestive Heart Failure Community Resources