Congestive Heart Failure Community
severe leg pain in CHF
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

severe leg pain in CHF

Hi ,
my mother has had a heart failure last june;since then, the classic symptoms have been showing,the loss of appetite,making it harder to keep the  meds down, the leg pain,swelling etc. My question is whether there are any over the counter medicines in US, which might help her sleep a few hours pain-free,at night? I feel hopeless about her condition really,with her heart efficiency at 25%,there's not much to be done i am aware..
Could someone throw some light in this whole situation she is facing?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
21064_tn?1309312333
Are you certain the leg pain is from the CHF?  Is there any chance it is a side effect to a medication?  For example, many cholesterol lowering medications cause leg cramping/pain.  In addition, it is important to have the leg pain evaluated for PAD.  Check out the EXPERT forum on PAD.  The doctor might have some suggestions/advice.  In the meantime, she should schedule a consult to have the pain evaluated.
Blank
660660_tn?1301684908
Hi! thanx for your response..well yes,she has had a CHF.. the pain is due to poor circulation...she does need to be hooked to oxygen every day for half hour..she gets better after that. About peripheral arterial disease,i will get more info. on that..
Thanx again
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
Rebeccat77 commented on Low potassium and no ...
Dec 16
168348_tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine made cookies last night! Comment
Dec 01
Blank
kjbascom added the Blood Pressure Tracker
Nov 07
Congestive Heart Failure Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank