Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Anyone ever experience candida overgrowth?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anyone ever experience candida overgrowth?

I have been on antibiotics about 5 times in a year, and also recently recovered from C. Diff.  Has any one experienced candida overgrowth or yeast overgrowth?  I am more than sure that I am dealing with this and I am taking a supplement, which is helping.  The thing is, I read about it all over the internet but would really like to connect with someone who has actually had or been through it.  I feel very alone with my struggle against it.

Thanks!
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

If you suspect a yeast infection, I would suggest getting this examined by your treating doctor for appropriate management. Certain supplements and food products/ probiotics may be helpful, however early specific treatment is advised for early control and to prevent complication from the infection.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

If you suspect a yeast infection, I would suggest getting this examined by your treating doctor for appropriate management. Certain supplements and food products/ probiotics may be helpful, however early specific treatment is advised for early control and to prevent complication from the infection.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
2118271_tn?1337466704
Thank you for replying, Dr. Kaul.  Unfortunately when I go to the doctors nobody believes me that this is an issue, so i end up fighting it on my own.  However, my gastroenterologist prescribed me Diflucan for Thrush, because Nystatin actually made it worse.  I really hope it works.  2 weeks worth.  In the mean time I am attempting to stomach Kefir and taking a probiotic supplement.  Is this enough?
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
My grandson is in remission. He is taking two probiotics and keeps to a strict diet.

Related, but not Crohn's, I was suffering from systemic candidiasis. My lungs were most affected, but my digestion was also problematic. Quite by chance I started taking small doses of Lugol's solution for a different purpose. I found the symptoms of candidiasis were ameliorated. I raised the dosage of Lugol's by increments, my condition improving steadily. I am now reducing the dosage since the candida is under control. I am not aware of any side effects.

I once used Nystatin for thrush. It didn't work. My husband used a fungicide for toe nail fungus. It didn't work. Since developing systemic candidiasis I searched the internet for trials of fungicides, and found nothing convincing. Some seemed to be effective until mutations appeared. Plus, really bad side effects.

I am merely relating my own experience and not recommending anything. But I know personally that candidiasis is a nasty business and often undiagnosed. It is commonly associated with the respiratory and digestive systems. My grandson is now adding a small supplement ofl iodine (Lugol's) to his regimen.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...