Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Do I have Crohn's disease?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Do I have Crohn's disease?

I am a 21 years old female. About 3 years ago, blood tests and urine results revealed high levels of bilirubin.
my skin and the whites of my eyes turned yellow. I was nauseous and vomited everytime i ate and could only keep fluids down, i lost an incredible amount of weight, i was weak, lethargic and also had some pain in my upper right abdoment, i also had severe diarrhea alternating with constipation. The Gastroenterologist diagnosed me with Gilbert Syndrome, which is a mild condition that a change in diet could relieve. I did get better when i changed my diet, took supplements and liver detoxing medication but the diarrhea, constipation, pain and nausea never went away.
This year i have been so sick. I cannot eat without vomitting, i have intense pain after i eat in my abdomen, upper right still as well as through the middle all the way to my belly button and my lower back. This pain also applies when I drink tea or coffee or apple juice. I cannot go to the toilet without experiencing intense pain again, and i am not constipated...it's diarrhea. I've had a colonoscopy and the biopsies revealed mild active colitis. I am getting worse everyday, I'm losing so much weight, i feel so weak, dizzy and recently started having fever. The gastroenterologist that i'm seeing has just told me to try all kinds of tests to determine the reason of the inflammation but he isn't helping me deal day-to-day and i'm not seeing him for another two weeks. I need to know what's going on with me, what are the possibilities, is there anyone else who has those symptoms, is it treatable.???
I cannot say what you have or might have, but the most important thing is to get the inflammation down.
Google Special carbohydrate diet and put yourself onto the intro diet asap. It doesnt matter if you have crohns or not, the diet has been developed for crohns but it also works with other gut related issues. It is a big change, but it will make you better fast. It probably wont go away, but even a reduction in pain or Ds by 50% is better than nothing, right? What do you have to loose?
Good luck!
Good luck!