please, I need a second opinion.
I have just returned from A&E after a brief scare after my best friend passed a large quantity of blood from her rectum. She had a blood tests and a rectal exam and all results came back negative but we were not given a diagnosis. She has also been suffering with a what she describes as a muscular pain down the right side of her body just below her ribs for about 2 weeks now. After looking up her symptoms on the internet a discovered that rectal bleeding and abdominal pains may be caused by an ulcerative colitis. Is this a lightly possibility being that although she has had the side pains for some time the rectal bleeding has only happened this once, the blood tests came back negative and the doctors showed no sign for concern. Am I just being paranoid or is my concern justified? PLease reply soon
She also complains that she constantly feels tired, last week for example she spend most of her time in bed too tired to move. She also consumes a ridiculous amount of fizzy drinks (mainly Coke) and vinegar, is that also course for concern? I have been very worried about her diet for some time now.
The rectal bleeding could well have been an internal hemorrhoid. Did she ask for and receive a copy of the exam and visit report? There may well be explanation there that wasn't given orally during her visit.

Ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease are possibilities but these would require a colonoscopy for detection and diagnosis.
Hi my son is 5 years old and yesterday he had an endoscopy and colonoscopy. I was overjoyed when the consultant told me that he had a pristine intestine. My mind is not settled though. in fact i haven;t slept - a report was given to me on the day that states 'nodular lining of the gastric mucosar' and also erythema of the stomach and upper section of the osphagus. They told me this could be a virus or allergy. which sounds all okay but the pain he has been in in the past and the perianal abscess he had operated on twice - diarrhoea tiredness and aching limbs seems a bit much for a virus - he has had on/off symptoms for over a year and before his abscess he was in excruciating agony for 3 months and when asked where is the pin he said his tummy and inside his bottom. in fact i ended up walking in to a & e with him walking on his tip toes and they turned him away and said they were to busy. 4 days later he was septic. - they never followed up after his op on this occasion even though histology showed raised levels of eosinophils. we have to wait for biopsy results and then i know my mind can settle but has anyone else had these symptoms  - he also has recurring mouth ulcers (he is not aneamic though) - i feel like a paranoid mum.................