Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
sacroiliitis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

sacroiliitis

I've been told I got sacroiliitis, is this a condition I could have for the rest of my life, they want to inject me steroids, if the physical therapy doesn't work, is this can affect me if I'm breastfeeding?
You definitely do not want to be on steroids while breastfeeding.  You need to find out from your dr the "half life" of the steroid.  That will tell you how long before it leaves your body.  Then, you may be able to "pump and dump" similar to what moms do if they want to drink alcohol every now and then.  Pump enough to feed for however long it takes the meds to leave your body, then have the injection and pump a few more times to get the tainted milk out.  During that time, you can use the saved milk.  You may want to talk to your OBGYN as well.