what does abnormal thickening of the colon mean?
What does this mean, diffuse mild abnormal thickening of the wall of the distal descending and sigmoid colon....It was on my husbands ct scan report.  It says suggesting a mild colitis...bud my husband does not have any bowel problems...he has stomach issues such as vomiting and nausea. Also he has a colonoscopy  that showed no sign of colitis or chrones.....so what could this mean?
He probably does have mild chrons or colitis, but it is not flaring and is in remission.  He just needs to be aware of any symptoms that he might have sometime down the line.
Mine was chrons and my symptoms started with what I thought was a virus.  Chills, high fever and then washed out the next day.  Later I had sever pain in my lower right side, my chrons is in the small intestine.  Right side pain ususally means it is in the colon or large intestine.

Just know that it is remission or not flaring at this time.  Watch for any symptoms and see your gastrologist at that time.

Best of luck.  
Jayne