485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
'Immigrants Are More Fertile,' Jeb Bush Says
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/06/14/191776099/immigrants-are-more-fertile-jeb-bush-says-in-reform-speech

"Jeb Bush has created a stir with remarks he made during a speech on immigration, in which he said that women who immigrate to America are more fertile than women who are born in the country.

"Immigrants create far more businesses than native-born Americans, over the last 20 years," Bush said. "Immigrants are more fertile, and they love families, and they have more intact families, and they bring a younger population. Immigrants create an engine of economic prosperity."..............

Bush was speaking at the Faith and Freedom Coalition's "Road to Majority" conference in Washington, D.C., where he laid out a case for immigration reform. Calling the system broken, he said that allowing more people to move to the U.S. in order to create more opportunities and economic growth is "a conservative idea."...................."
Two things stand out to me in Bush's stereotyping:

People who come from poorer countries where having large families is a form of 'social security'  (you have someone to take care of you in your old age)  largely start to practice family planning and have smaller families when the opportunity presents itself in this country

Secondly, this is an admission by the GOP that their economic policies will only work when backed by an unsustainable rate of population growth.
Jebs comments to me= the white race is diminishing at a rapid pace and we gotta get them laws passsed to stop abortion and contraception and save our race!!!!!

LOL, just kidding.

They are scared that these people will not vote for them and it unbalances their chances after all the bigotry and hatefull rhetoric of late. That is more like it I think, and its jeb being jeb, you do realize he has always had foot and mouth dont ya?
In short I guess I could have saved the rambling and just said, Its *** kissin time, the next election is around the corner!
More proof they are "Hard Workers."
Oh man.... These guys are killing the GOP and they don't get it.  Every time one of these guys talk, you can hear the bodies hitting the floor....
The Bush clan reminds me of the Curse of the Ruling Class~ you know, so inbred they get stupider and stupider.
ROFL!
I’m keeping an eye on this Syria thing. If Obama gets us involved, it pretty much tells me  Obama can’t learn from Bush’s mistakes, which will prove he is “stupider”.
Wrong thread, guy.

I think our Pres will surprise you...maybe he cannot pull a rabbit out of his hat to deal with the Jacka$$ Congress, but I think however he handles Syria, it will be with diplomacy and wisdom.
BTW, on the correct thread I would like to continue the discussion if you like...your call :)
Right Thread, Girly,

"The Bush clan reminds me of the Curse of the Ruling Class~ you know, so inbred they get stupider and stupider."

"I’m keeping an eye on this Syria thing. If Obama gets us involved, it pretty much tells me  Obama can’t learn from Bush’s mistakes, which will prove he is “stupider”.
LOL! hahah, I knew that would get your goat. Cracking up here,glass.:)

Still I want to pose a Syria scenario to you that would be a different thread...?
Post it on this thread  http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Current-Events---/US-offers-Syrian-rebels-military-support--alleges-Assad-used-chemical-weapons/show/1961604

It might be tomorrow before I respond. I’m Watching a movie and will probably fall asleep before it is over.
Haha..okay. Check out my scenario..beats your lousy movie any day. :)
Dee1956 commented on WyoSue's status
Dec 27
Dee1956 commented on specialmom's status
Dec 27
Dee1956 commented on susan400's status
Dec 27