485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Thoughts on the healthcare Plan
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
32 members

Thoughts on the healthcare Plan

Okay sorry about my last vent guys ...Now what do you think about this healthcare plan still not fully passed, bit like getting rid of a Gall stone I think. I listen to all the sides and debates about it now, we all knew we needed something ,I have misgivings because I lived with a healthcare system in UK and I know it doesnt work too well ,the waiting for major tests being a big concern.Thoughts on how you feel ?
I think what was originally a good idea has ended up in the pockets of the special interests.  Watered down and murky at best. Unless they come up with something better than they got now it is not worth much. Without a public option the insurance companies can name their game and make the rules whether we like it or not. If we dont like and dont want to play by their rules, we get fined......

I want the public option, it is the only thing that will keep the insurance companies in line.
I wish the Dems and the Repub would get off their power trips and think about us for a change instead of the next election.
Yes I have been sick of Politicians ,all of them they seem to be on one big power trip, I dont like any of them we need a new Congress altogther.,left or right they havent listened to the American people and what they want ..regarding healthcare or anything else ..
As I said the insurance industry is corrupt regardless. That's a given. Premiums, formularies and any other unreasonable limits on coverage should not exist. Many people have had repeat denials for medically neccessary medications and treatments. However, people have the right to choose which form of coverage they want. I agree. I would say one thing that would help is more competition. Then insurance companies would want to lower rates. If politicians give into special interests groups and favor them as regards who they support (I had already posted the nursing home industry as one specific example) then we won't get a working plan of any kind. I really doubt there is a politician who does not think of who contributed the most to their political campaigns, president Obama included. Now that they are publicly required to disclose this I know there are websites that list names of groups and people as well as specific figures as regards campaign contributions and as always let's see if they are favored in some manner as regards this health care plan. That I would not doubt.
Yep I agree.  I was so gun ho on this health care reform too. It is going to be interesting to c what they come up with when they merge the two bills. I just hope there is something in there that will help the average person. I am not rich and I am not on state assistance. Im the one that fell thru the cracks because of pre existing. Hopefully they will implement that right away, I guess that would help some. Right now I have no coverage and cannot get affordable coverage because of pre existing. I guess I could divorce the man and go on medicaid if all else fails.  Im tired of him anyways!  Hee Hee!  He did not think that funny! lol
Unfortunately it all gets down to politics and that is never in our interest. It's a mess!
Mike
I am for the public option also. I will say at least they gave it one hell of a try. I'm guessing that everyone that was against it will be begging for it in a few years. The money the insurance companies spent to block this is sickning. I'm sure that money won't come out of their bonuses it will result in more denied claims.  It's not a good thing when the people in charge of your health are for profit.
I had health insurance all my life until a few years ago when it became totally unaffordable.  3 times I was screwed by the insurance companies. I even had to file bankrupcy because they wouldn't pay on a perfectly good claim.
Last I heard 59% of American's were for the public option and yet the insurance companies won.
Am I pissed........you bet ya !
I tried to find it to read and could not. It should never be considered until we can read it, understand, and agree it is good for all.
When a person has to be bought for a vote, speaks out loud. They didn't agree with it, then $ signs are put in front of them like a horse with a carrot, to lead them. Not good.
If anyone finds it printed out, please post it so we can see exactly what it is.
I would have liked to have had the public option... as a viable option.
The extended Medicare concept seemed interesting as well. But, it remains
to be seen how, or if, Humanitarianism and Capitalism can merge to where
all can benefit; and, no one goes without. I am optimistic... cautiously optimistic.
My understanding is that the House bill and the Senate bill will now be merged somehow. My only problem with Medicare being extended is that it still will not help the younger ones who are raising children and cannot afford the co pay.  Hoping the Insurance companies get enough competition to solve that problem. Maybe by them having to spend 80 cents on every dollar on medical care will help take care of the situation. I know that is in the senate version. We can only hope.
Does anyone know when we start to pay for it, my DH says its next month even though we dont get healthcare for more than 3 years , what happens... you pay,insurance and healthcare ?
I think the one bill poses a tax increase on people making over a certain amount and the other is paid for by cutting waste in the existing programs. I guess that is one of the things being bandied about and not yet decided on. Supposedly some things go into effect this next year like pre existing not being covered.  We will not know alot till they get to merging and arguing over what will and will not work.  I do know that medicare did not get a cost of living increase this year, and they keep talking about closing that donut hole in medicare with this program.  Will be interesting to c what develops.
I think we will all need to open out pocketbooks very soon.  I know they say they are going to increase taxes only those making over a certain amount, but they will find a way around that and we will all end up paying - of course anything that's government run will cost the taxpayers no matter what.  

The only good thing I can see with the whole bill is the pre-existing condition part -- it's not right for people to not be able to buy insurance because of a pre-existing.  

I don't see how they think it's going to help to fine people who can't buy insurance -- if they can pay the fine, they could afford insurance.  I've read quite a few articles stating that a large share of the people who don't have insurance, COULD get it; they just choose not to......
Right mostly the young and healthy, who always feel they are invincible ,I dont like that idea of fining and penaltieswhy cant they choose not to have healthcare its their health ....
I feel that, because the government is "so concerned about controling care" for those they feel some don't get it, it infringes on everyone else. Why reform it all, rather than make all of us have to accept their will. When hospitals start saying they will have to close their doors, something is wrong. I have looked at what Medicare pays versus the charges, and it is not much. I pay more for the cost of Medicare than they pay. What happens to the excess? When we work, we pay into the system, then when we use it, we pay again. If you don't pay for Medicare, you don't get it when you are eligible. It costs $100 a month, some drs don't accept it and if they don't pay that care, you are stuck with it any way. There is no winning. They deny just like any other type of insurance. People can appeal, but, 99% of the time they don't get it.

This happened in Europe, only Europe wants out now they found out that Government running everything doesnt work ever , they cant run the PO properly the unions are getting bigger wait till the government run things go on strike , England is plagued with strikes , their PO  had one just before Christmas ..be careful folks be careful what you wish for ..
If you let someone else pay your bills, you will have to let that someone else tell you what to do........

People want 'government run' because they have the mistaken idea that government funded is "free" -- not so --- come on, where does the government get their money???
It is foolish if people think it would be free. Nothing worth anything is free.  Just remember who votes this government into office. So if it's not run properly vote them out.
I dont see where anyone thinks its free. Everyone carries it is not free. They are trying to create a pool that would make insurance more affordable for everyone. Just another option that insurance companies currently do not provide allowing others to have it.
You are right the ballot box will tell all when voting time comes in, the polls are already telling us how happy with this administration the American people are , 2010 should ne an interesting year . Time for Americans to open their eyes and smell the coffee...
Yeah, I need to get back out there and start campaigning for the Democrats again. Jeesh...my work is never done.
Know what you mean my Tea parties are waiting LOL   Rasmussen say todayin their Polls , that 52% of Americans are concerned about government getting too big .
Dee1956, specialmom, and nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
Dee1956 commented on nursegirl6572's status
specialmom Little League Opening Day!... Comment