DNA / Paternity Community
Can that incident have gotten me pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Dec 12 I had protected sex with an old fling we used protection but during intercourse the condom slipped and stayed inside, when he noticed he put a different condom on and we kept going than he ejaculated in that one. The condom inside had no ejaculation. I really did not notice the condom had stayed inside until 24 hours later when it came out on his own. Dec 17 my new boyfriend and I had unprotected sex he did ejaculate inside and I didn't take plan b until almost 4 days later. I am currently pregnant and the fact that it was so close together has me and my obgyn  confused. Also my ultrasounds have resulted in many different gestation days. Could that first incident caused my pregnancy?
It's possible to get pregnant from pre-ejaculate, but it would be more difficult in the circumstances you describe than if you had not been using a condom.  On the other hand, if the condom was in your system for 24 hours, maybe not so difficult. (I'm somewhat puzzled by this story in that neither of you noticed that the condom was not around after it slipped -- where did you think it had gone, if it wasn't in the bed?)  That said, pre-ejaculate only has sperm in it if the man had ejaculated beforehand relatively close to the time of intercourse.  This reduces the chances of him being the father compared to someone who had unprotected sex with you and ejaculated.

The ultrasound to use to parse the short timelines between the guys should be the very first one you had.  Estimated due dates often vary over the course of a pregnancy because babies grow at different rates, but all embryos start out with the same developmental markers in the early stages.  Did you happen to have an early ultrasound, such as in your 7th week or close to it?  What did the doctor or ultrasonographer give you as the gestational age and estimated due date when you had the first one?  

Those dates were within 5 days of eachother, so it's possible that either one could have resulted in pregnancy. You next ultrasound may be able to give you a more accurate date based on gestational size and age. You may need a DNA test to confirm paternity.