DOG RESCUE GROUP User Group
DOG RESCUE GROUP
About This Group:

Welcome to the new Dog Rescue Group. I will post the details here of any dogs who are currently in HIGH-KILL SHELTERS IN THE U.S.. I will add the email addresses of the person/people to contact, and the location (i.e. which State) if you, or anyone you know, can rescue this dog -either for temporary adoption -or for a "Forever Home". From information I receive, I can also add a brief description of the dog's temperament, its ability to live with other pets, etc. The dogs posted here have a very short time to live. Some have a week or two, some days, some are on the death-list already and have only hours. They literally are ON DEATH ROW. As the spaces they occupy in these Shelters are under demand from more incoming unwanted, or abandoned dogs, they are due for imminent euthanization, through no fault of their own. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. If you can't help directly yourself, it would be a great kindness to email these details to friends, family, etc. who may well know someone who can. Maybe with this page, we can all help to make a difference for these innocents. (I will issue a reference number for the dog, and the person to contact if you can help) With love,Ginger899

Founded by ginger899 on August 29, 2012
5 members

DOG RESCUE GROUP

Welcome!
.
I have set this up as extra help for those who are working so hard to rescue these dogs and puppies from High-Kill Shelters in the New York area (and surrounding regions)

New dogs on the "To be destroyed" list will be posted as bulletins regularly, by me, with a photo, and as many details of the dog as I am given, plus a reference number and contact email for the person they will need to speak to about the dog if they intend rescuing it. If anyone can help, please do. If you cannot, then please consider emailing the details to anyone else....friends....family....etc, who just MIGHT know someone who can help.
These dogs are on Death Row. Many are already on the "To be Destroyed" list. Through no fault of their own but simply because there is not enough space for new incomers to the Shelters.
They are innocents, abandoned, or discarded, like so much trash. Or their owners have died. They are ideally looking for a "Forever" home, but even someone who can temporarily foster while a home is being found, will SAVE A LIFE.

Thank you. Please  take a look at the listed dogs. I will list them on here as they are emailed to me (if you don't find it too upsetting) I understand entirely if you do. No worries.
With all my best wishes,
Ginger 899
Tags: Dogs, dogs rescue, Death Row Dogs, high kill shelters
I like this idea! I don't live anywhere near New York and we already have a dog, but I hope these puppies all find good homes. It's so sad how many of these dogs and cats are put down.
skepticalpeach, thank you for joining. I'm getting these bulletins from a lady who is trying herself to help to rescue these dogs. I'm giving her efforts another venue....to do all we can to help them. As I get them from her I'll post them here.
If anyone even KNOWS anyone else, just email these on, or put them on facebook, or wherever....you never know where they might end up, and who will receive them and be able to help.

Thanks for your interest and moral support.
well done ginger ...hope it helps these poor animals ..
We got one! The puppy (posted below is out of the Shelter today) It's team work, we'll keep going. I'll post them as I receive them.
yipeee!!!!!
Oh well done ginger   so glad a pup has a home ..
or a foster home ...did you get pics up yet ?
skepticalpeach I wish school did not end f... Comment
Jun 17
breezytoo commented on A dog's love
Apr 13
Rescue Colonel the Dog (Petition) Blank
Mar 06 by ginger899