Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Aerobic Exercise

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Aerobic Exercise

I am in need of exercise specifically aerobic. I have tried walking after my multiple operations for a huge DVT in my leg but the bottom of that foot swells and feels funny and painful. I have many types of top walking shoes and even foot pads installed in them but the condition persists. Before my DVT in June I was quite active and exercised regularly. Bicycle riding has the same type of negative effect.

Has anyone had any success in these step climbers/air climbers? Do they reduce the impact that you get from walking?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
It has been recommended that mild to moderate exercise may alleviate pain and swelling associated with DVT.It can also help in reducing the complications associated with DVT.There have been few studies which have revealed that post DVT patients who wore compression stockings and walked daily had significant reduction in pain and swelling of the leg. Regarding step climbers/air climbers I will advise you to consult your doctor before planning to initiate it. That will help.
Take care and regards!
I have just found out about this pump called the VENOWAVE when I was getting compression stockings for my varicose vains.  When I was looking into it on their website I saw some stuff on DVT.  Might want to take a look at it.  Have you also tried the compression stockings?
I have tried the compression stockings and they are giving me some relief for my varicose veins.  My legs are swollen as well and there is a reduction in the pain as well.  I am also able to do some physical activity where it was too uncomfortable before.