Aa
A
A
Close

Deep Vein Thrombosis Community

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

1 - 20 (of 213) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Last year I was hospitalized for a pulmonary embolism, and found out I was severely anemic. I am to take 325 mg ferrous sulfate twice daily. I am off blood thinners but I still want to do something to keep my blood on the thinner side. I...
williamsA101 | Posted
Today I was bending down and ran my hand over the front of my leg and felt a bump. It's not hard as a rock and when I stand up its not there. When my leg is straight I can't feel it. Skin isn't warm. It's not red. It's night next to my s...
Sandradee774 | Last comment
I have had calf pain in my right leg for over 2 months. It comes and goes throughout the day but it is painful everyday. There is no swelling or redness however, it does hurt to squeeze. It feels really sore and sometimes it spreads from...
caileyb | Posted
I got hit really hard on my right hip about 9 weeks ago. I began to experience pain in my leg, then in both legs, which extends all the way down to the toes, and comes and goes. In the past month I've also begun to experience numbness/ti...
Lars35 | Posted
2 days ago i hit my leg and i got little bruise no pain or swelling but anyway today i went to doppler ultrasound and doctor told me that everything is ok p.s I'm 18 years old so it means that the color on my skin is just bruise and i do...
desuzapro | Posted
i have for many years on my right, right side of my leg that is darkened with veins and it keeps me from wearing dresses and shorts and short skirts, and i embarrassed by these veins i don't feel comfortable and i tend to hide it by wear...
koala53 | Posted
Hi this question is about SVT not DVT, but there is no SVT forum. A couple months back I had what I think was an episode of SVT. I had swelling and redness on top of my foot that was tender to the touch, at the time I thought it was b...
Rincer | Posted
I have noticed that one of my calves was 1/2 inch wider than the other. I have no pain or other issues, I had a Doppler that ruled out DVT. Is that normal for calves to be asymmetrical?
pmitchekk | Last answer
Okay. I've been going through some serious pain for the last several days. I can't sleep, and body hurts all over. Mainly my legs, and arms. I'm having a hard time breathing. I'm a diagnosed asthmatic. Even my inhaler isn't helping much....
A3A | Posted
Hi ,can you tell me if it's safe to travel on a 3hr flight that's leaving tomorrow.My ankle has just know swollen from sunburn. I'm 32 in good health no serious medical conditions or any family history of such.doctors answer preferred. ...
Braaaad | Last answer
I noticed a lump/knot in my calf 3 weeks ago. It's very tender and causes pain and tightness to go up the back of my thigh. Both a sonagram and ct scan were negative for a DVT. Getting answers from a general and vascular surgeon I was...
daveir | Posted
5577688_tn?1434102970
Hello my name is Patti, usually im helth. For the last years im Suffers Especially in summer from: Swelling and Pain in the feet, its limit me I suspect there is a problem at the bone. At the skin it look like sting –red and Swollen ...
jael150 | Posted
I know that many people can have these and show few, to no, symptoms and it's bothering me. I'm a 26 year old full-time worker (fast food/high stress). I'm on my feet extensively for work (7 - 9) hours a night. I don't eat/drink junk...
samnormansnh | Posted
A few days ago I noticed my right calf was sore it felt like DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) but only in the right calf and I hadn't exercised it in over a week. I massaged it little but it grew more sore over the hours. I rested fo...
nocturnalsean | Last answer
well in 2000 I had 7 blood clots in my left leg..3 days later a, p.e. I had 2 negative blood proteins in my liver. That's why it happened..im on warfarin for life.. ok im getting a full endoscopic test.they want me off thinner 5 day...
jimgreg | Posted
14129151_tn?1433041440
Hi. 40 days ago my husband, 27years old, 3 weeks after a 12h flight started with a pain in his leg which led to a pulmonary embolism. After 5 days on heparin/erixtra he stayed only on Cumadin, though at a high INR, and developed symptoms...
marcellesgm | Posted
Hi. Could anyone explain to me what "thrombotic deposition" is? I find studies on it, but no actual explanation/definition. Thank you.
j1z1 | Posted
Hi im Gabriel and I've had pain in my chest especially my heart and I had it in the veins as well. Please tell me what's wrong.
georathien | Posted
I'm a 31 year old woman. I'm rather thin, in good health and I have always noticed my veins on my hands and also feet but lately they are without a doubt, enlarged compared to before. Nothing has changed in my diet exercise or medication...
bowilove | Posted
I'm a 31 year old woman. I'm rather thin, in good health and I have always noticed my veins on my hands and also feet but lately they are without a doubt, enlarged compared to before. Nothing has changed in my diet exercise or medication...
bowilove | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Deep Vein Thrombosis Community Resources