Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Worried about blood clots

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Worried about blood clots

I'm worried about having DVT and I'm also worried that a clot may be in my brain or heart already. For personal reasons I can't see a doctor. The previous week I sat at my desk working long hours and cannot recall if I moved around enough to keep clots from forming in my legs. Now this week my right leg (not my left leg at all) feels as though there is pressures in the thigh, under the kneecap, and in the calf. These pressures hurt in the sense that they are pressure but there is no horrendous clotting pain as described by other DVT patients.

Other than that symptom there is no swelling when compared to my other leg, I haven't noticed any truly persistent redness, nor have I felt tender to the touch. I can do any stretch with my legs at the moment with no serious pain other than stretching pain. Also the pressures go away when I take aspirin.

At first I thought this would go away for the first 3 or 4 days as I am only 17 and I am 6,0 weighing 145 lbs, but it did not. And now tonight I feel lightheaded when I stand up quickly. Honestly I would not be worrying if it wasn't for my father who developed DVT at the age of 56 after many plane flights for his job. Am I imagining this because of my fathers experience, can someone confirm or at least tell me something?
If you had a blood clot you would barely walk on yr leg, also if you had a blood clot taking  asprin would not take it away you would be admitted in the hospital with treatment.You cant have a blood clot in yr heart,or you would not be here right now. Your to young to worry about something like this,live life and enjoy.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Diagnosis for DVT include direct clinical examination and diagnostic tests such as ultrasound, blood tests, venography  and CT or MRI scans. The pain could be due to musculoskeletal issues that could be relieved with pain medication. If it persists, have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.