DEGENERATIVE DISEASES
COMMUNITY
symptoms chronic joint cracking all over
by Sebastiandelacroix, Dec 06, 2007
HI there
For the past year and a half I have felt my joint areas degenerating - there is a lot of cracking in all my joints at all time at this stage. All day every day and night. It started in my shoulders and has moved all over my body. I also had testicular cancer, and one treatment of chemo and syphillis last year. Rheuamtology tests have comeup negative and doctors are at a loss for what is going on. Am fully recovered at this time from both.  Also beginning to feel numbness and tingling in my hands and fingers.  Also it is not just cracking, there is strange movement and sometimes I have mild involuntary twitching though it is becoming more frequent.
It is quite extreme and at the moment a bit scarey.
Does this sound like anything to anyone?
I am 32
Member Comments (117)
by Plante, Dec 14, 2007
Hi Sebastiandelacroix- I am having some of the same symptoms as you and am wondering what it is also. I am interested in knowing if you have some of the others I have had...along with the involuntary twitching in my legs and numbness and tingling in my arms and hands I have had fatigue and migraines. My doc put me on a heart medication for my migraines and they have subsided for the most part but now the twitching and arm/hand probs have arisen. You are further than I on getting tests done but do you have any heart probs or migraines? Sorry I cannot be of greater help to you but I had to write you becuase we have very similar symptoms going on...let me know what happens and keep me posted please. Thanks Plante.
by nicki33, Dec 17, 2007
I'm also in my 30's and also experience this, it seems that every bone in my body is cracking. I also have the shakes at time to time,could be caffein, not sure what it is but recently experience a injury on my lumbar spine and have Denerating disc disease, it seems that my health is going down hill.30 going on 60.
I feel for you, your not alone...
by Sebastiandelacroix, Dec 21, 2007
Thanks for replying. I don't seem to have migraine or heart issues so that is a no.. I am leaning to fibromyalgia - thinking my muscles must be shortening thus all the cracking but this is just from reading various other posts. I am not in the extreme pain some people seem to have with this condition. But I still do not have an answer. I should be ssing a rheumatologist in the new year and will let you know how I go
by marypillsbury, Oct 28, 2008
I have been searching for people with this problem for years.  Mine started when I was 12.  It felt like my shoulder really had to crack, but it wouldn't.  I woke up the next day and it cracked and grinded every time I moved it.  I'm now 23, and it still does it, along with almost every other joint in my body.  It started with the shoulders, then elbows, wrists, etc.  Junior year of college is when my knees started, and they are really really bad now.  Also, my back started from pilates senior year of college.  I'm afraid I'll end up in a wheel chair!  Does anyone know what causes it?   I also have really really bad knots in my back from it, and get leg and arm cramps often.
by k2626, Nov 20, 2008
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same thing, extreme joint cracking, twitching, numbness and pains all over. I believe its lyme, but just curious if anyone has a dx
by gorbybelle, Feb 14, 2009
HI,  been reading through archives just wondered if you have found any answers to your joint problems
gorbybelle
by Mark10, Mar 26, 2009
I also have all my joints stiff and crackle, popping sound along with bone pain. I have a list of other medical problems but was wondering if Im getting DBD  ( degenerative bone or joint disease).or DJD? Even with excercise all day my joints snap crackle and pop. Anyone have a clue to what causes this?
by s30677e, Mar 01, 2010
i have pain in my joints ,arms and alot of cracking going on. mainly my 2 thumbs.and i seem to be getting worse. any ideals
by mlr3475080, Mar 27, 2010
Same here. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. ANA blood work was off...have your doctor test your ANA, this will tell whether or not your body is attacking itself/joints. I also have involuntary muscle twitches but I believe its from my adderall (i take for adhd) My father has been diagnosed with rheumatoid and osteoarthirits...im 33. Had knee surgery at 26, now other knee is going. I crack constantly. Google degenerative autoimmune diseases...and check out there symptoms