Degenerative Diseases Community
symptoms chronic joint cracking all over

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

HI there
For the past year and a half I have felt my joint areas degenerating - there is a lot of cracking in all my joints at all time at this stage. All day every day and night. It started in my shoulders and has moved all over my body. I also had testicular cancer, and one treatment of chemo and syphillis (syphilis) last year. Rheuamtology tests have comeup negative and doctors are at a loss for what is going on. Am fully recovered at this time from both.  Also beginning to feel numbness and tingling in my hands and fingers.  Also it is not just cracking, there is strange movement and sometimes I have mild involuntary twitching though it is becoming more frequent.
It is quite extreme and at the moment a bit scarey.
Does this sound like anything to anyone?
I am 32
Hi Sebastiandelacroix- I am having some of the same symptoms as you and am wondering what it is also. I am interested in knowing if you have some of the others I have had...along with the involuntary twitching in my legs and numbness and tingling in my arms and hands I have had fatigue and migraines. My doc put me on a heart medication for my migraines and they have subsided for the most part but now the twitching and arm/hand probs have arisen. You are further than I on getting tests done but do you have any heart probs or migraines? Sorry I cannot be of greater help to you but I had to write you becuase we have very similar symptoms going on...let me know what happens and keep me posted please. Thanks Plante.
I'm also in my 30's and also experience this, it seems that every bone in my body is cracking. I also have the shakes at time to time,could be caffein, not sure what it is but recently experience a injury on my lumbar spine and have Denerating disc disease, it seems that my health is going down hill.30 going on 60.
I feel for you, your not alone...
Thanks for replying. I don't seem to have migraine or heart issues so that is a no.. I am leaning to fibromyalgia - thinking my muscles must be shortening thus all the cracking but this is just from reading various other posts. I am not in the extreme pain some people seem to have with this condition. But I still do not have an answer. I should be ssing a rheumatologist in the new year and will let you know how I go
I have been searching for people with this problem for years.  Mine started when I was 12.  It felt like my shoulder really had to crack, but it wouldn't.  I woke up the next day and it cracked and grinded every time I moved it.  I'm now 23, and it still does it, along with almost every other joint in my body.  It started with the shoulders, then elbows, wrists, etc.  Junior year of college is when my knees started, and they are really really bad now.  Also, my back started from pilates senior year of college.  I'm afraid I'll end up in a wheel chair!  Does anyone know what causes it?   I also have really really bad knots in my back from it, and get leg and arm cramps often.
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same thing, extreme joint cracking, twitching, numbness and pains all over. I believe its lyme, but just curious if anyone has a dx
HI,  been reading through archives just wondered if you have found any answers to your joint problems
gorbybelle
I also have all my joints stiff and crackle, popping sound along with bone pain. I have a list of other medical problems but was wondering if Im getting DBD  ( degenerative bone or joint disease).or DJD? Even with excercise all day my joints snap crackle and pop. Anyone have a clue to what causes this?
i have pain in my joints ,arms and alot of cracking going on. mainly my 2 thumbs.and i seem to be getting worse. any ideals
Same here. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. ANA blood work was off...have your doctor test your ANA, this will tell whether or not your body is attacking itself/joints. I also have involuntary muscle twitches but I believe its from my adderall (adderrall) (i take for adhd) My father has been diagnosed with rheumatoid and osteoarthirits...im 33. Had knee surgery at 26, now other knee is going. I crack constantly. Google degenerative autoimmune diseases...and check out there symptoms
Definition: Crepitus is a symptom characterized by a crackling or grating feeling or sound under the skin, around the lungs or in the joints. In soft tissues, crepitus is often due to gas, most often air, that has abnormally penetrated and infiltrated an area (for example, in the soft tissues beneath the skin).
In a joint, crepitus can indicate cartilage wear in the joint space. The term "crepitus" is derived from the Latin, meaning "a crackling sound or rattle." Typically, crepitus is a grinding noise coupled with a sensation in the affected joint. Crepitus can occur with or without pain.
I am 34 years old and just recently I  have been having cracking in every joint in my body. It started in my shoulders, now it has gone to my ankles, knees, hips, elbows, and wrist. Along with that, i have been getting numbness all over to where I have to sleep on my back to avoid putting pressure on my sides, I am terrified that this might become worse, because just like some of you, i have been checked for almost everything and they all come back negative. I was told by a doctor that it may be related to anxiety and stress but I don't know. Can stress and anxiety affect your bones?
Were any of you guys ever on a Benzodiazepine such as Valium, Klonopin, or Xanax?

What you are describing is called benzo withdrawal and sometimes takes 2 years to heal from.  It is very hard to find any doctor to recognize what is going on because there are so many symptoms.   Check out http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm

I was put on these meds for GAD, however after 4 years they stopped working and docs kept upping the dose.  I finally realized what was going on and got off.  Now I am healing, and it feels like crap for the past 7 months.  
Hey
I am the guy who wrote the original question, It is now 4 and a half years and it has just gradually got worse, while all joints crack now my knee cracks every few minutes if it is moving, and I still have strange sensations all over particularly around the knee and legs and most areas are tender and sore to the touch.
My doctor has put me on amitriptayline or some name like that, which is a mild depressant, and advised I see a psychoanalytic psychotherapist. Perhaps he is right, nice though that they tell you you're "mad" when they can't find what is the problem.
I have the exact same sybdrome and I was a heavy user of benzodiazepines. I just started withdrawal and its muiserable. I never had joint bone or muscle problems until I was prescribed these medications.
My Gandmother is suffering form the same problem....We have given them so much medication but still its not fyn with her...
Have u been checked for EDS?
I think the doctor is full of it putting you on an antidepressant. My doctor tried to put me on one, I told him I am not depressed I told him I am in pain. When I was in the military I experience my upper back and and neck was a bit discomfort. My hands and fingers falling asleep. I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel by 3 doctors.

Then when I was 29 a chiropractor told me I had straighten of the neck. Now doctor tell me I have a tear in my supraspinatus/Infraspinatus tear.

My neck and upper back feels like pins and needle are sticking me. It feel like creepy like when feet falls asleep and you are trying to wake them. The pressure goes to my head whereas I can't sleep for no more than 1 1/2 hour. I test show vitamin D defienciency, high triglyceride but all cholesterol are all normal.

Neurologist put me on Gabapentin 600mg 3 times a day. that seems to take the pain from a 10 to a 3 which is much release for me. I still feel the pressure in the head.

It doesnt fix the excessive bone cracking all over my bone and the pain that comes with it. And as squirtatious EDS may be a part of the problem also MS/autoimmune disease. My neurologist told me the popping to normal and cut me short. I'm thinking I kinow better than that. I am a nurse but he don't even let him know that after two years I've been seeing him.

I am in my early thirties, and have begun to develop this cracking too.  Started with just my shoulders cracking and grinding all of the sudden in the mornings, then often when I moved them, and now my body sounds like a bowl of Rice Krispies whenever I move it around (especially after being in one place for a while, I think).  Mine is part of a huge set of symptoms, though.  

I've been tentatively diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  Some of the symptoms some of you were listing are things that I have read as sometimes connected to CFS or Fibromyalgia.  You may want to read those symptom lists and see if that seems to fit you if you still haven't found anybody to take you seriously or figure out what's wrong.  It's not a great one to get doctors to treat well unless you can get to a specialist who knows what they're doing, but there are treatments out there that are really helpful for some people.  I had never heard of anyone mentioning the cracking thing, which is why I was searching, but maybe it's related?  
I have EXACT same thing with all joints cracking.  I also have burning sensation in several joints.  I also have fibromyalgia.  Have real problems with my knees; yet, x-rays are normal.  I feel all my tendons and ligaments are shortening which is causing cramping in muscles in hands, calves, toes.  Don't know what is going on.  Have seen numerous doctors.  All they can tell me is what it isn't.  Not rheumatoid arthritis; not lupus.  All blood work is normal.  But I certainly don't feel normal.  Some meds take away the pain, but don't necessarily help the actual problem.  I'm avoiding as many meds as I can for as long as possible.
im having the same probs guys. cracking bones an joints ard knees, shoulder blades, neck and mid low back. smtimes i felt a warm feeling surrounding my back, gritty sensation in thoracic cavity and slight burning eyes and well as some skin problems inluding itch spot, petechia and visible fine purple capillaries under skin. I was diagnosed with chlamydia 6 months back but was cured after. 1 month after, these symptoms start to occur, and I suspect its chlamydia induce reactive arthritis but doc did a series of tests and said its not. Im at wits end.... some doc that I went to said im too stress but i know its not stress related ... smthing jus wrong with my body esp after i was diagnosed with chlamydia. nw im thinking if its Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS). experts said EDS is a hereditery diesease and symptoms includes loose joints stretchy skin.... these fits my symptoms. but Im more interested to know if there's a possibility for EDS to start at age 29? the series of symptoms r very irritating (not painful) and i can hardly concentrate on what I do. please advise anyone. tks
I have read all that, and for years I've had all the same symptoms. Saw lots of doctors, specialist. I'm tired of people not believing me, doctors think i'm a hypocondriac, depressed... mri shows stenosis, bulging disk, and prolapsed disc... Ive googled the hell out of every thing to find out what it is... I'm about to get my mercury fillings out, my vitamin d level back to normal, I refused to take endep and about to sue the boss for a bad office set up... I haven't listed all the diagnosis ... I'd be typing for ever... my current research is on polio and tb ... see what turns up... my partner insists on changing my mindset to a positive one... Think your self healthy... see how that goes. I've given up on the doctors so thats all I can do.
With-in the period of  3 weeks almost all my joints began cracking. I also have lost a lot of muscle tone. I am leaning to believe that has something to do with fibromyalgia. If any body have some advise I would appreciated  
I am 61.  I began cracking and popping in my joints about a year and  a half ago, suddenly. This happened after I took naproxin for  pain and mobility and had great improvement quickly, however, a few weeks later the improvement reversed and popping and cracking began, first without pain but then gradually my pain and mobility worsened.  Very odd. For the first year I had no pain due to the p&c but it is so bad now. Walking is no longer possible except to get on walker /chair and that is so painful I cannot help but scream out some time. Even to move a few inches, to  turn halfway over in bed  is horrible pain now.  My posture became bent over as I was using my upper body to support lower body when using a walker. Now I can't straighten up. I was diagnosed with avascular necrosis in my hips 4 years ago following injections in my hips for pain. I had chronic pain  was and am treated at  a pain clinic. They tried all kinds of drugs on me for pain and the only one that has helped all is methadone. Morphine and others just made me sick and did not touch the pain. The drugs Dyclofenic, Cymbalta and Lyrica in combination help as well. Not sure if it is one of the drugs or all of them together that work. Without methadone for the pain, living would be impossible at this point. I have had no side affects with it just a relief of horrible pain. I have bulging discs and osteoarthritis and the avascular necrosis. The hip pain has been the worst of what I have experienced. The Dr's tell me having my hips replaced will cure most of the pain. I am now bone on bone , no cartiledge with cysts. I am just worried I have waited too long as now I have lost my muscle tone am not able to exercise at all now, sleeping more than an hour or so at a time is not possible most nights. My legs have a weird feeling now are numb and my feet and tingle.  They are difficult to lift up from the bed- I have to lift my legs with my hands now.  So far tests do not reveal what this is. My Dr. says it is nerve damage. I live in the bed waiting to get my surgery. I was formerly a very active person so this is difficult.  I keep busy and work from bed but it is tough. I have other diagnosis; life long asthmatic, adult growth hormone deficiency which I should be but am not being treated for now, liver damage from a botched gall bladder surgery and Dr. mistake leaving my bile tube clamped for 10 days and other, allergies, fibromyalgia ( I believe from all my research that Dr's may be pinning things on this diagnosis when they cannot find out what the true cause is). I think there is something else going on causing the numbness, tingling, joint pain and cracking (other than the avascular necrosis in my  hips).  I was vit D deficient and now on supplements. I am beginning to drink only figi water now as it is rich in silica which is known to help joints.

I had a critical bout with parasites 2 year before and close to death. Didn't know I had them. I traveled extensively in the 70's and some in the 80's , otherwise do not know how I got them. I thought and think maybe that type are all dead? We moved to the mountains two years ago and I started getting what I thought were bites but they never healed. I would itch at night but not day.  I had never had any kind of skin parasite before I finally started scraping them and doing this process over and over resulted in healing. There are painful raised areas under the skin. They are on my scalp too and that has been the worst. I used many different medications as well. I could see things in the scrapings that were not normal. I bought a 60x loupe and oh my gosh, there are parasites again only different ones. There are oval ones,  black specks, so many tiny black threads which are all tangled, but there are so many microscopic long thread-like worms. some are black, clear and red (with my blood). It turns out my dogs have these and my son has these. I have a referral to a dermatologist but wonder if the Dr. will even know what these are .  My primary care Dr. had no clue. I have done so much research and think I know. We are all on our first round of Ivermectin now. I now believe this may be an epidemic in this country and few know about it. I do not know if it is causing the joint pain and cracking but I suspect it is possible. I was having really bad left shoulder pain.  My shoulder felt weird. It would burn and tingle and feel hot to the touch and itch, mostly at night like the other places. Recently I woke up and there was this gob of sticky mess all over my left shoulder. I also had the "bites"that wouldn't heal in the area. I tried to wipe this off with a tissue but it was so sticky I had to use a soapy mixture to get it off.  I looked at the tissue under the loupe and saw so many of the things I had already seen but with this clear white sticky residue.  My shoulder looked strange too, it was red but mottled looking.  I looked at my shoulder with the loupe and it was the strangest thing ever. There were like thousands of these clear, white  colored "hairs" that were actually those thread-like worms, coming up out of my skin. I do not normally have hairs on my shoulders, my skin was all scraped up and I could see all these whitish things under my skin. It freaked me out. I cleaned my shoulder with many different products and it would look almost clean for awhile and then  they began coming up again. I repeated the process over and over and it was daytime and it stopped.  Many skin parasites only come out at night.  I do not know what to think but am now wondering if these things are in my joints and causing me all  pain? My other shoulder does not have this and does not hurt. I am a very clean person but that makes no difference.  I have specimens of all these strings on clear heavy packaging tape, folded over to take the Dr. It will be interesting to see if after the medication works and kills these things if the popping , cracking and  terrible pain in my joints will subside.  I can only dream…. This is frustrating. Chronic pain is a terrible thing.  I must  have hope to continue. Sorry this is so terribly long .  Has anyone out there ever  had any of these unusual symptoms other ethan the Popping and cracking of joints? I wish  all of you success with  treating all these strange and terrible symptoms. God bless.
Same here, popping, cracking, stiff joints. My ankle cracks the loudest and it will bruise. I also have headaches in the lower, back of my head - close to the neck. I am very fatigued, I have sore lymph-nodes and also have IBS.

I've been through many test; Lymes, parasites and all of the arthritis tests. All are negative. I've been to doctors, chiropractors, acupuncturist and nutritionist. I did show high levels of mercury and I'm under-going chelation and vitamin IVs for it. Most of my nutrition levels were next to none. I also did a breath test and I showed SIBO positive. Now I am working on cleaning up my digestive track (the green body cleanse plus antibiotics) and I am still getting rid of the mercury. I have improved a great deal and I hope I will continue. I still don't know the cause and my joints still really hurt and crack. I've been a healthy person, always active, 31 years old.

If you know of any cause for these issues or any recommendations, it'd be appreciated. Have any of you gone to the Mayo Clique and gotten help?
have any of you been tested for Lyme disease? It is the great immitator frequently ppl are misdiagnosed with lupus, CFS, Fibromyalsia (fibromyalgia) and more I'm 35, not on any medication. I was infected by lyme disease without knowing had headaches, tremors, joint pain everywhere just necy spine hips knees wrists shoulders you name it. Muscle pain and knots, vision problems, memory loss( terrible anxiety would strike me several times a day because I couldn't rememeber where I was suppose to be or where I was on my way to kids had to remind me how to drive them to school eeryday) I was treated with steriods prior to the lyme diagnose then an antibiotic the symptoms persisted for a year after treatment. Vision problems and joint pain and now cracking are still present. Working on adjusting to an anti inflamatory diet and lifestyle and soon to go see a LLD. I can't diagnose anything but it is certainly worth the test and inquiry because it only gets worse untreated and there tends to be periods of time the symptoms change or disappear as if the disease is dormant and hiding, then something arrises. Good luck stay strong be proactive with your drs and health best wishes
                                                ~ mymindsigh
Painless cracking of joints is as a rule not harmful. The deliberate and repetitive cracking of one's joints not only is potentially socially bothersome but also could be physically troublesome when it produces pain. Early diagnosis and treatment can minimize discomfort and reduce your risk of serious complications.
I had a metal plate in my collar bone for 6 years.  I used to be able to make pops in the area, sometimes even in my sternum.  After having it removed I have begun attempting stretches to fix the unbalance.  The pops now come
but I try not to seek them out. When I feel they are close I try to take a breath and return my attention to my whole body rather than focus on that area. When they occur I appreciate the relief.

Theoretically/Philisophically, we might imagine that there is a form for our body that would be the most comfortable.  It makes sense that whatever forms of potential energy exist would be seeking their minimum.  However this is competing with other drives to be productive.  Our muscles are therefore capable of controlling our whole body if we allow them to develop.  This means paying deep, meditative attention to all parts of the body; it does not mean rigorous exercise.  I recommend taking extremely long showers, trying to make sure you wash all parts of your body.  Try to work towards being able to reach all parts of your own back.  Moreover, try to not allow your mind to summarize the various parts of your body... for example, when you stand with your back to the water, try to feel the drops dripping all the way down, and to feel all the different points separately and not as one sensation of "back".  
I have been dealing with the popping throughout my whole body and any movement that I make the popping continues. It feels as if I am in a zone out every day from the second I wake up till I go to sleep. My body is always tight and tensed up, and there seems to be nothing to make me chill out. I am losing muscle and am always thinking about the situation. I went through osteopathic work and physical therapy and only seemed to get worst. I am 18 and  this has dropped me out of the things I love like competitive baseball and have lost interest for anything. I try to explain to doctors what's going on but seems like they don't understand. If anyone could give me some clues of what has been going on that would give me a little relief of the situation. God bless to all the people going through similar situations, pain and suffering doesn't last forever.
Jonathan Burton
have you taken any antibiotics recently (last twelve months)? If so some have warnings of tendon damage.
I have cracking in my joints. Ever since I had my daughter. It started on my right side of my body and moved through out my hole body. Plus im losing strength im my hands. So im pretty worried I dont want this to last forever.

***@****
Hi Guys,
I am having the same thing exactly just with different things to you, two years ago I got muscle twiching( faciculations) which continue till this day, and just a few months after my joints start cracking, first in my hands, then elbows, knees, shoulders, chest bones, almost every where, all day long, all the doctors are telling me im insane and need a to see consultancy, I did feel that my shoulders blades on my back are changing shape and stick out more, also it may be sounds crazy but it looks like all my back is pulling down my neck muscles, there was no change in my ability to do stuff, but I do feel that my muscles has been weekend a bit, but not sure if its from parnoia or its for real as I can still do a lot of things normally and lift things easily, its just you go to soooo many experts and they tell you that you are crazy while you feel all this pain in your body its really fraustrating, I dont know what to do anymore, if anyone has ever experienced what im going through ill be happy to receive a comment
hi guys, (fellow sufferers )
me to having this problem of knee cracking sound every time i bend it which is bit painful as well...
i asked an experienced bone specialist about it, he told me that its because of ur joints become rough , the fluid between them have been reduced (can be caused due to excess masturbation)...
i tried several things but still didnt got the cure ...
anybody PLEASE tell me any medicine or cure to this problem.....
zeeshan ,23 years.
Man this is tough, I have been going through this for 5 yrs now I'm35 now.

Main problems- cracking of all joints, tighting of tendons and ligaments,
fatigue, joint deterioration, any area may fall asleep if not strait.

Could this be a food allergy?
Causing the immune system to go into overdrive?

Scary the whole thing, I hope to live a long time, but my worsening condition makes me wonder what that may look like in 10,20,30 yrs.
I have'nt seen any real answers here but thought I'd post.

i have had same thing but its sorted now,for monts all joins cracking stiffness tired muscles cramps etc... i found one artticle in uahoo news they said 95% of all human ilnesses are caused by bacteria ,viruses,worms or fungi then i understood and went to thailand for self threatment first 1 month doxycycline then 15 days flukonazole for fungi then 20 days mebendazole for worms, all gone feel good again i have research a lot about dosage etc .. i have seen many docs all said fibro or no clue my wbc was elevated slightly but no inflammation i had enough very depressed coze i did not know whats wrong anyway my health is back
I am a 47 year old male.  Six months ago my joints started cracking.  This started after I started taking Nexium.  I herniated a disc in my neck shortly after.  I think it is all associated.  Any of you take Nexium?
I have a similar problem but the clicking has improved a lot after realising caffeine and the nightshade vegetables were a big part of the problem.
I have just found out I am vitamin D deficient are any of you guys the same?
They say you should be above 40 ng/ml(100 nmol/l)
   The symptoms of this deficiency are endless and it effects the absorbtion of other minerals and will take at least a few months to correct.

Dear all, I just started getting cracking/popping on virtually all my joints since few mths ago. It started when i sprain on my left upper back/neck and i also have slipped cervical disc diagnosed a year ago.

From my gathering of infos from the posts here plus my own symptoms,
it has got something to nerve near the Neck area, particularly the back of the neck. I also felt my back muscle affected and slight tingling of my arm.
Numbness/tingling of the hand are also very often related to neck nerves.

To those affected, at least for now, check out exercise for better posture of the neck and scapula, on top of heat/oilment treatment on the neck, and lossening up the tight mucles. It helped me alittle.

Nevertheless, Im going to consult a doc soon.

Let me share more symptoms that i experience: cracking/popping on the spine, ankles, shoulders, alot of neck pain, very weak feeling on my back. Initially I even get pain when i breathe in hard. One bad habit i have is i take lots of coffee and this may cause some deficiency in minerals/vitamins.
Mine started when i sprain my left upper back shoulder around the scapula area and back of my neck.
I've always had some popping and cracking going on but recently it's become dramatically increased, especially in my knees which are now getting so painful it's hard to walk. To top it off, I'm going in for a second rotator cuff surgery to repair a full thickness tear in my right shoulder, while I appear to have the same problem of at least a mild tear in my left shoulder. Neither shoulder has ever had any kind of severe trauma or injury. I'm starting to wonder if whatever caused these problems is spreading throughout my body and getting worse. I'm 42. Interesting, if not hilarious comment about excessive masturbation. Hate to think that has anything to do with it, but curious to know if anyone else can admit to a possible connection?
Lyme tests are all useless.  There is no good lyme test.  Everyone that has writtten here has some kind of manmade bacterial infection,be it lyme, mycoplasma, etc.   They were made in a bioterrorism lab in the fifties--look up Plum Island, New York to find the real lyme disease story and cover-up.
I think you are onto something.  I have had all the symptoms that everone has mentioned here in this blog.  Joint pain and popping in my hands, wrist, elbows,knees, neck, shoulders and ankles. It is cronic (chronic).  Every few minutes my hands wrist and ankles will pop.   It feels like my muscles tissue is being attacked as well. The pain feels like my joints are made of taffy and then is placed into a freezer. My bones feel so brittle.   This week I have been experiencing trouble breathing.   I was diagnosed with Lyme diasease last fall.  I took the round of doxycycline for 15 days.  I felt better within the first week but now several months later it is worst.  I was wondering if you are still pain free after doing all the others meds?  After reading all of these comments in this blog, I am willing to try anything.  Thanks and Blessings to you
I'm going to follow this post.  I feel chronically fatigued, have joint pain and degeneration, crepitus, delayed recovery from exercise.  It's all gotten progressively worse since about four years ago.  Lumbar disk degeneration, benign tumors on my testicles, swollen lymphnodes for years.  I used to be able to power through things and be extremely active... now like one person stated I feel like I'm 36 going on 60.  The Thailand regimen sounded interesting... Good luck to everyone.  Whether this is mercury, bad meds, microbes, or whatever else it's only be the power of us individuals speaking and talking about our journeys that we might get somewhere.  Docs obviously have bigger, better priorities than us it seems
As I read over your comments I thought that I migh5 be able to help just a bit for some of you.  I too have these symptoms and more which I will have to go into later.  As for now, I ask all of you if you have ever been told you had loose joints, hyper mobility or were told by your parent that you were "double jointed?". Even if this contrition is limited to only some joints this condition might be worth looking into.  You will need a doctor that understands this condition though for diagnosis.  I am referring to Ehler's Danlos or EDS.  There are multiple types of this condition and your symptoms go along way to help doctors determine the type that one might be diagnosed with.  Type 3, called hyper mobility syndrome, is diagnosed with symptoms such as loose hyper mobile joints or a history of that, chronic joint pain, some limited looseness to the skin, and other symptoms.  Another condition also often associated with EDS is Chiari malformation.  Please look these two conditions up to see if they might offer answers to your questions.  I will check back later.  I am 40, have both of these conditions, and have children and a husband with Ehler's Danlos classical otherwise known as type 1.  I am also a registered nurse.  I am no expert on these conditions but given a very extensive history with them would be happy to help any way I can. god bless you and good luck.
im 25 yrs old now and i have been dealing with my shoulder problem since i was 12 or thirteen that i can remember. bu t i have read sum of my medical records and when i was 3 i was went to the hospital and got diagonsed with sum neck stiffness. but now ten years later i start having unbearable aching deep in my shoulder then started the popping of the shoulder and then the grinding.  you can put ur hand on my shoulder and feel  the grinding in it, and it has cause the most unheard of real deep pops that makes heads turn in a store. doesnt matter if im active or not, it will cause my neck upperback area to get knots like golf balls deepin my muscle tissue and the only thing i can do to relieve the pain for a minor second is to roll my shoulder and arm a few times and then my shoulder feels like it rolls out of socket and then back in which hurts like hell or have sum 1 put 180lbs of pressure or squeze me just to make it feel like a ton was just lifted from my shoulder and back but in  10 to 15 mintes its back
hurting again i have gone to physicl threapy and got a bunch of i dont knows about it and try this exerice or the treatment but none of the work but it just keep getting worse every day
Hi Blayzer,
your symptoms sound exactly like Morgellon's Disease (or genetically modified disease). You should check it out.
I also have some of the same things.  I cannot figure this out either, I get to the point where i cannot move, i cannot put pressure on my legs, and it hurts to breath.  I have had MRI;s and they have gave me a list of stuff.  Bone narrowing, bone spurrs, L4L5 Disk degenerative desease, compression frature in T7,mild kyphosis, spondylosis, vit D defecient, my bones crack all the time, but i didnt notice the cracking until after a nerve blocker in my spine(steroid shot), one in the middle of my back 4 years ago, then i has another shot in my brain stem to wuite the headaches, two behind my ear, my spine always feels like it cracks,all my joints, my ribs too, i am scared to move.   I am 40 and played soccer, worked asphalt, walked all day in the sun, and then my back went out at 34 yrs old.  I have two kids a nd a house to take care of, kinda hard to do it when it hurts to breath.i am now being refered to a new spine vcenter, when one door looks closed, try to go to another door, my last doc wanted to put me on anti-depressants, pain killers, and nerve pills,saying i am not a candiadte for surgery.  I think when someone is closer to retirement, they are more apt to mot bother with you, i think their mind set is somewhere else.  The meds I have been on are lenghty.>>The last ones were Viibyrd(major bloating which causes pressure on my spine and caused me to go down fer tow months.  Hydrocodone for pain, musle relaxers when my musles spasm.  It takes your breath away.  I just delt like there is no end, at points, i cant make it to the bathroom cause i am stuck in a scertain position.  I would like to think that is is the vit d deficient thingy, but i have a half tooth in my mouth that is made of mercury.  I wish these were it, but i just dont see how.  I feel my joints like they want to seperate, and my organs feels like they swish sometimes.  I believe it is a combination of weakening bones and weakining ligements.  I am going Aug to a new spine center, so i hope good things will come, but i have tried the chiropratctor, they just want to hurt you without having educated information on what is going on, not everyone has a sprained muscle, thats what a real doc is for, and for physical therapy, its good until someone gets hurt!You know how your body can move, dont let anyone mess you up more, they go home and eat their steak, we go home and suffer.  God bless you all, and I hope someone finds out what is going on here. I am located in Indianapolis.
have you been diagnosed yet? I have this too and it kept getting worse and the only name i have is Fibromyalgia. Good Luck
Young

Have you been diagnosed yet or know what you have? I have this problem but been told it is fibromyalgia but i also have thoracic outlet syndrome which makes it even more uncomfortable.
You need to see a lyme literate doctor.  15 days of antibiotics is not even close to being enough.  I have been on and off heavy antibiotics for 12 years, and still am unwell.  I have tested positive for the bacteria (not the immune response to the bacteria), after many years of antibiotics.  Go to lymenet.com forums page, and read all about it.  You also can get help finding a doctor there.

You also need to be tested for coinfections which are babesia, bartonella, erlichia, mycoplasma.  Again, the testing is not 100% accurate, so if someone isn't getting well from lyme treatment, it could be due to an undiagnosed coinfection.

By the way, I have extensive joint cracking in all joints, along with muscle twitching, knots, headaches, etc.  

Good luck.

https://sites.google.com/site/newhivaidslikeviruschina/

It is this virus
I have been on so many different pills over the past 6 years. I usually stay on my new meds about two months at a time for them to do what they are suppose to do.  I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia also, but i dont believe i have it.  I researched it and that is what they say is wrong with people when they cannot figure it out.  This is how i think it works as follows...My bones are getting more fragile, slipping and causing fractures, which in turn causes nerve pain/damage(fibro).  If I didnt have the bone damage in my spine, I would not have this fibro.  Bones = nerve issues = muscle spams.  they are all linked.  although i am given so many different diagnosis.  I have been seeing a neurologist for the 6 years.  as my previous post explains most.  I have also seen a reumatologist(spelling is off), she gave me the same diagnosis, and added some more.  It just cant be one thing anymore?  I live with this everyday and know what is going on in my body.  This is my opinion: yes, i have a bulging disk, it pushes out and presses against my nerve to cause me not to walk, then my body wants to protect itself from damage on my spine so my muscles swell to protect, now that causes me not to be able to breath....All is cause by weakening bones.  As far as times on my meds, some i get off of them right away, since they cause more issue than they help.  As far as LYME, I dunno about that, read a little on it and just doesnt seem to me that i have that...I have ahd tons of blood work done..It started with pain down my right leg, caused by my bulging disk, then it just progressed...all of a sudden they are finding new stuff, like compression fractures.  It is like a trickle down thing...My bones are dominos. I have an understanding that it is not lyme, aids, lalala, its easy to put a word to it since it is similar to those, but it isnt, I wish it was that easy.  When MY bones crack, it is due to other issues inside.  I will tell you that PREDNISONE is awesome!  With muscle relaxers, it takes the swelling down in the spine, now i can walk and breath without hurting, so it tells me that some of you need to see the doc for bulging disks.  They are not always caught on mri's since they are not always bulging...Mine was finally caught...My T7 compression frature causes my breathing issues(goes around my ribs from the spine to th e front).  This is what i live with, and, this is my thought on my symptoms with 2 specialist, 1 family doc, half dozen MRI's, xray's, blood work, and been through, I would say 30-40 different pills to find what helps, still trying new meds...that is the worst thing, going through the crazy sides while dealing with your diability(OH YEAH_BEEN DENIED AGAIN FER MY SSD, I guess i can work when i cannot walk or breath good..>WOW to the government!!!  I sure didnt deny them when they wanted to take money every week out of my fat *** paycheck, now i am hurting and my family is also hurting because of this....WOW....what a great service, NOT!  Tkae care all and GOD bless you all, and I hope we find the problem so we can resolve it before it is too late.
Hi Nycboriqua,

can you please let me know how youu are doing? or if you have discovered anything? I have the same symptoms.

Many thanks,

Patricia
I've been trying to find a solution to similar issues -- cracking joints all the time, including my jaw, toes, neck, back, etc, getting worse as aching and painful movement, weakness.

I posted to a list I'm on and someone suggested oxalate sensitivity. Apparently oxalates can build up in the tissues and cause all kinds of problems. I've only been experimenting for a bit over a week but it seems highly connected so far. When I keep a low oxalate diet along with supplements, I feel much better, and I tested the reverse on a camping trip and felt worse again. So far the K2 has been the most helpful, but only with some of the other things too. Sometimes the K2 has completely taken away my joint pain within minutes, other times (I think when I didn't take magnesium perhaps) it helps a little over a couple days (I'm up to 300-500 mcg using Thorne K2/D3 drops but am switching to the 1mg drops without D3 soon).

Here's what I came up with for my own personal plan:

- Not too much Vitamin D or Vitamin C, or fish oil (can't remember why)
- Drop milk thistle (and turmeric if taking it) as it's very high oxalate

- increase Magnesium (switch from glycinate to citrate),
- slowly Add Thorne Vitamin K2
- Add Thiamine and B6 as enyme co-factors

- Take a little Calcium citrate with meals or have dairy with any oxalate
- Take probiotics (I'll start with homemade kefir)
- Drink lots of water to help the liver excrete it

- Don't remove oxalate all at once, take out very high sources first, because too low causes dumping
- Dumping isn't uncommon -- take the supplements to help
- Thyroid can be involved in oxalates (I'm on Armour), so watch this
- mercury can be involved with oxalate issues (I have cell-resident mercury/lead)

The main things I had been eating that I eliminated were almost all nuts/seeds and nut/seed butters/oils, quinoa, almond flour, rhubarb, chard, most wheat, and most chocolate.  When I first started researching oxalates because my pain was intense, I realized I had eaten almost all of these -- including the rhubarb -- in one day!

I'd be very curious if anyone else tries this, to hear how you do.

Lisa
I have all these symptoms. I'm 18 and I've had the chronic popping and cracking of all joints since I was around 12. My hips pop and sound like my bones are snapping, my wrists, ankles and knees are the worst though. I hadn't been too concerned but the last 2 years they have started to ache, and I get muscle twitches. I am also very prone to 'pins and needles' in my legs especially. My doctor says I just need to stretch more, but that's rubbish. If anyone has found a diagnosis yet, please post it.
Hi Heydiddyrandom,

I am sunnyspell above, ok I had all of that and it was bloody distressing so I know what you are going through. I have looked for medical help in a lot of places, my golden rule however is to never keep a Doctor's opinion if isn't satisfying.  I also do my research,  but hey be carefull internet sources can be overwhelming and also distressing so don't think all of the sudden that you are going to pass away. Your body is probably trying to tell you that there is a functional unbalance and is not happy with your diet, in my case I changes my diet, my doctor did the suction cups on my back and the muscle twitching went away magically.

First thing I would recommend is to detox your body, stop all toxic intake because is bad for the antibodies and cells and don't let them work which means healing your body, everyday coffee, tea, bread and sugar can be extremely detrimental on your health.

Your cells need a nourishing treatment, good vitamin source of sun for vitamine D absortion, a good source of calcium (you might be calcium deficient). Have a blood test done a very detailed one looking at a count on the vitamins, minerals and cells in your body and take it from there. Garlic, lemon and ginger tea it's a fantastic natural antibiotic to kill Bacteria if you consume a lot of wheat, another hypothesis is that you your fungus is toxifying your body (this could also be life threatening in some severe cases by the way). Get moving! sort out your body or he will sort you out and if you are not happy with what your doc is telling you, go else where!! they are not always right they are no gods they are human and make mistakes! so get on top of it! that's how I found my current doctor and he's amazing, he listens. Acupunture is also a worthwhile trying but the suction cups for me worked fantastically ;-) http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/natural_medicine/Cupping

If you need further advice get back to me.

Best wishes :-)

patricia.***@****

Patricia
Hello,im not sure when this was posted but i have the totally same symptom.all of my joints crack,feel like lost muscles,worrying about it so much,tension on the muscles...ive thought of seeing a chiropractic and physical therapy..i havent been to the orthopedics but my blood works say no inflmination..only deficiency in vitaminD.and it could do things to bones and im gonna get suppliments but from this i dont think so..my doc says the cracking has nothing bad to bring but its just not the same,its like my substances in my whole body changed.i think that my muscles get tighter faster and need to stretch more often,or sometimes i would have my hand holding something for a long time in this one position and after releasing it it hurts so bad...and its almost like i dont know where it hurts and i even crack my ribs alittle when i breath in...i also get different symptoms like feel like my body is vibrating or hear heartbeat in my head,twiching of skin,sharp pain in various parts in different times.also my doc said its my nerves sending the wrong information..but ya other than that,im healthy(i eat many foods and careful about nutrition),5'2 109lb.im really scared too.it only started 1 month ago and i really cant stop thinking about it and its really interfering my life and everything.like i really miss my body...its really changed for no reason!!and so im basically scared to do any sports or stretching..also id avoid any meds..Mai ,17
i have the same thing!!! plz check out my account and the post i did earliler and how you have been plz!!
I am 33, and have had joint pain and popping as log as I can remember. As the years have gone by the pain, popping and other problems have moved throughout my body. I've been to many doctors, and diagnosed with spondylitis , scoliosis ,straight neck, twisted vertebrae in mid back, bursitis, fibromyalgia, and I've been accused of making it all up. I have problems with dry eyes, mouth and skin, and itching at night. I'm being treated for fibromyalgia and taking gabapentin . It eases the pain. The best thing I've found to help is destressing and eating a gluten and dairy free diet. Not easy. That helps me get better sleep thus I feel better the next day. I don't think doctors understand what is really going on, and until someone comes out and funds research they never will.
Seriously i was given Xanex and clonzepam (separate times but i was prescribed them back to back) and in the last year and a half since i stopped taking benzo's my joint stiffness popping and chronic back pain has gotten significantly worse( considering i've been having the chronic back pain since 19 and the severe stiffness since i was 23 the popping and snapping of my bones and joints started at 26) i'm 28 now and it takes me an hour to get up off of my bed.... my pain continuously gets worse....my mother told me my pain came from having kids but i don't think thats it.....and when i go to my doctor or the emergency room they look at me like i'm crazy and tell me that i am too young to be having these problems....I AGREE WITH THEM THAT I'M TOO YOUNG..BUT! i am having the symptoms so therefore SOMETHING must be wrong....Thanks for posting that link about the benzo's being related to pain and i'll make sure i let my doctor know what i have read maybe then he won't think that i'm one of those dumb@sses who comes into his office and does not check out things for themselves .....posting the link again for pple  just ni case they missed it on your post :D http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm
I feel you. I have twitching and cracking that came on suddenly. Went to a regular dr who ran bloodwork and he thinks im just nervous. Bloodwork came back normal. I also sometimes have tightening in the throat and acid hard time swallowing and bloated stomach. do you have any of these symptoms too...So frustrating..Drs. think im just anxious..how can you not be? let me know if you find anything out. Im going to make an appt to see a neurologist and rheumatologist..good luck and God bless
i have alot of the same thinks that you have iam only 28 and ive been diegnosed with fibromyalgia but iam having alot of other things going on iam wakeing up with burning joints all the time and my knees get real hot and then i get a watering fealing in them and my joints crack all day every day .
I too have these issues I'm 23 and every joint of mine pops and my wrists and shoulder grinds my elbows pop almost every time I move them and if they don't pop for a while they feel locked up then when I go to straighten my arms they pop very loud and it hurts my knees pop and so do my ankles fingers and shoulders... I was diagnosed with POTS (a cardiac problem) when I was 18 when I turned 22 I was put on a blood pressure pill for my blood pressure and heart rate they told me it was probably due to having mono as a kid but now I'm wondering if my heart issue is due to a collagen disorder my joints have been popping and grinding like this since I was 12 or 13 but any doctor I see doesn't seem to think its a problem recently I've noticed if I keep my arm in the same position for a little while like when reading it feels like they fell asleep and on cold morning when I first wake up my fingers feel stiff  any ideas from anyone what could be wrong with me
Afternoon to everyone here. I'm 24, I have all the same symptoms, my whole body cracks horribly even while im breathing and the cracking been for 2 years now, my backs been sore for 7 years and its gettin deformed in neck area, I got diagnosed with Chiari malformation and i get chronic inflammations in head and neck...Ive been doctors so many times im sick of them,so i decided to help myself.. I dont even moan about the pain anymore to anyone, just cry when noones around..to the point im giving up to live. Today i felt relief at some point because i found out theres so many people with the same problem, and that gibes hope someone out there might help us. and I'm sure Ive found out whats the problem with me and I think lot of you people..It doesnt ease the pain but it gives a hope..To everyone please check this link..it might help some of you! I hope every single of you gets better.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/how-to-stop-attacking-you_b_657395.html
I don't know where my original post is so I don't remember exactly what I posted earlier, but I imagine my symptoms are probably worse now.  But I will tell you this:  I have every single thing you mentioned, including burning joints, cracking, and vibrations.  I also now have shortened tendons and swelling above all major joints--knees; wrists; ankles.  The knees have now turned into crepitus (which is a "velcro-like" sound) and sometimes I can barely get out of a chair or walk up the stairs, or do simple yoga poses.  A couple of days later, they might be fine again.  If this is your basic arthritis, then I still don't understand it.  Maybe rheumatoid arthritis combined with osteoarthritis.  I just think it's weird that every single joint hurts and/or burns.  When they burn, I can almost feel the synovial fluid (that's supposed to keep joints healthy) dissapating.  Doctors are useless.  That's my two cents worth for today.  
I am a 31 year old female in very good health aside from my recent onset of joint pain. In the last couple weeks I have had terrible pain and stiffness in my shoulders. Both of them. Also my wrists are stiff and starting to become painful. It's much worse in the morning. I can hardly lift an a when I first wake up. I am too young to just all the sudden decoupled osteoarthritis, I think. I wish someone could tell me what is going on.
If you have popping joints cracking etc,.. you could be mineral deficient

manganese
magnesium  if twitching
potassium if twiching
calcium
d
boron
VITAMIN K
B complex

Try to reduce acidic foods.( sugar alcohol bread caffeine etc...)

Hello. I have been experiencing tons of joint cracking as well. It all started after I took a bunch of magnesium because I had ringing in my ears (tinnitus). I have no idea what caused all of this. I thought maybe the high dose of magnesium started all this but I really have no idea. I was only taking it for a week and I have no evidence of it.

Another thing I thought it could be, as some of you have said here, was Lyme disease.

I am currently waiting for my Lyme disease test results because I suspect this could be related to lyme somehow.
I was bitten by ticks last year and also spend a lot of time outside (in the same areas I was bitten!)

Many people with Lyme have told me I could have it and advised me to find a Lyme Literate Doctor LLMD.

I really don't want Lyme, but with all the cracking my body is doing I am desperate! If it is cause by lyme at least I will possibly be able to stop whatever is happening to me.

I first noticed my wrists were popping all day long with the simplest of movements. After that I started to get knee pain and was diagnosed with patellofemoral pain syndrome. From then on I have kept noticing more of joints popping, grinding, and snapping. It is really scaring me to the point where I keep thinking my life is over. My knees feel like they are deteriorating by the amount of crepitus and grinding I feel and hear.

At least there are others going through similar problems (not that I wish this on anyone!). If only I could meet others in person going through the same issues. I'm really feeling alone right now.
I also forgot to add that I also have muscle twitching all over my body. It happens all day long. One second I'll feel it in my leg, then it will jump to my arm, then to my back, etc.
I'm 20 and have been suffering from my joints clicking for nearly 13 years now. My feet, ankles, knees, hips, back, wrists, elbows, shoulders and jaw.
I went to the doctors a few years back and all they told me was that 'I was still growing', that they were just growing pains, would disappear and there was nothing they could/would do.
I went back to (a different) doctor this year who tested me for arthritis and all those sorts of things - all came back negative. I was then sent to hospital for more tests on my muscles - nothing. The only advice I was given was to take up swimming.
There's no way at my age I can have been clicking for 13 years and swimming will solve it.
I'm getting to the point now where there are days that I cannot walk at all cause my hips or knees are so painful. My back hurts 70% of the time, especially if I'm stood up, and seizes up a lot when I lie down.
I click ALL the time. Feet and ankles whenever I move a foot. Knees when walking, standing up/sitting down, moving my leg. Hips when I walk. Back each time I take a breath, and when I stretch. Wrists whenever I move my hand. Elbows whenever I stretch out my arms.Shoulders when I twist my arm. And my jaw stopped clicking for like 10 years but has just started again and clicks out of place every day, just from biting something or opening my mouth.
Don't know whether to go back to the doctor or not because they don't seem to take it as something serious. They just seem to scratch their heads and send me away.
Will have a look at some of the things people have suggested such as lymes and fibromyalgia.
Please post if anyone finds anything else.
I don't want to be in a wheelchair by the time I'm 30.....(which is how I feel I might end up!)
I have the same problem after taking naproxen.. cracking joints.. so I am hoping that getting off of it with get it to stop what do you think?
I have taken Ativan and a lot of NSAIDS for years with no cracking noises or any other problems like cracks and popping.
but, now they tell me I have DDD and DJD this is all over. And not long after I started having my MRI'S and other test The crepitus set in all over and has not stopped...It is painful. My Doctor!  I think she thinks I'm crazy
when I tell her how bad it is. I am glad to here other people saying the same thing. I mean this has got to the point I can not work (Pharmacy Tech) I have ask some of the Pharmacist that I know and they say never heard of this reaction to benzodiazepines. They seem to think that the cartilage loss and all other symptoms of DJD is the culprit..
hey there,

I have very similar problems. I am 17 now and i have had joint pain and cracking/creaking in all of my joints. It started in my knees and has now spread throughout my body, i have pain in both knees, hips, elbows, lowerback, wrists, neck ect. It is terrible i have difficulty standing, sitting with my legs bent, going up and down stairs, kneeling, bending over. Also i get shaking when extending my joints out straight. I have been to so many doctors they have told me its growing pains and have suggested swimming ( which is clearly not going to work) they told me to leave it and it will disspear. Its worrying to think what i will be like in a couple years time as im only 17 with all this pain!

Has anyone got any ideas to what it could be?
I also find i am exhausted all the time, and sometimes i get weakness in my hands. I have headaches pretty much everyday, along with twitching in my muscles.
I began to experience joint cracking and popping ( no pain involved) back in 2007. It started with my neck, then my elbows and knees. Over time I can hear my ribs move, my wrists, ankles and just my left thumb. I have seen many drs and have yet received a satisfactory explanation. I have been diagnosed with lyme, mold sickness, mercury toxicity and chronic inflammation response syndrome. I also am double jointed. I also sound like a box of rice crispies...it is so frustating! I also have tinnitus and oral/facial pain, numbness and tingling in my hands and feet as well as chronic fatigue.
I don't have any answers. If there is anyone reading this that knows what might be the cause of this, I'd love to hear it as well as the remedy.
This is what I have that is similar to everything people are posting
Joints cracking, shakes, stinging pain body/joints, numbness, pain in my sides below ribs, headaches, floaters, problems with light, very thirsty

Differences are White dots in throat, glassy eyes some days. My urine is bright it is not a vitamin, and it is not a uti, and I have been thoroughly tested. I randomly have throat issues. Not a sore throat, like the back feels swollen and I have learned to associate this with things increasing.

I saw every doctor two primarys, natuopath, two rheumatoid, gynecologist, neurologist, gastrolnologist and here is what they've found .....almost nothing. I had an mri, and numerous blood tests, thryroid, hep c,lyme, mono, Epstein bar, urine, some sort of heart thing in the emergency room,  

They have found vitamin d slight deficient, a lot of calcium oxlates?, slightly elevated rheumatoid factor, slightly elevated wbc, maybe one band for lyme but not full test. Essentially all those doctors have not found a thing and all of those things they felt were not big enough to be a concern.

Where I had a lucky brake is about a year and a half in they took a chance and put me on doxycilin for three weeks. And wouldn't you know I felt so much better....than about 4/5 months later started increasing slowing. I noticed joint pain first, then light problems then the worst symptoms shakes.

Some say lyme others say no. But when they started treating me like it was I felt much better. The problem is then didn't want treat me again without making sure cause they don't want to make it possibly resistant. But I am scared at this point , because this has been years and things seem to be getting worse. The cracking has certainly gone up, I counted 50 cracks in about two hours of strenuous....sitting. .....

I am 29 when this started I was 26/27. We all seem to be very young I personally think this is an infection that is hiding similar to lyme or syphilis, whether its new or is one of those I don't know. I have been tested for both, and have one band for lyme.

If this goes on any longer I will pursue antibiotics on my own. I really don't want to get to that point. I want to have faith in my doctors. But the blood tests do not show how serious this has gotten. I have considered calling ambulances as I drive because of how serious the shakes and confusion get. I  moved closer to my family and some weeks I stay with them. Just in case I need to go to the hospital. And the worst part is for a nurse to see me in pain and with the shakes, and by the time the doc meets with you hours later your fine. I seriously just want to camp out at their office.

I have never taken benzos.
One other comment, I hate home remedys and all the naturopathic stuff. Eat healthy is the one thing I go by, and I used to dance every day before this started. But since having problems I have had to come to terms with the following which has helped

when it gets bad I eat a lot of greek yogurt and garlic because supposedly both help with bacteria. It does seem to work not very long....but enough for me to still try it every time I feel bad.
I know this post is a few years old. But out of all the comments I've read, I seem to match with your symptoms the closest. I'm a 30 yr Male and have had twitching for 2 years now. Started slow in my legs, and now is full body and all the time. Annoying but hasn't been anything that has affected me in any way. Here in the last 2-3 weeks I started having joint popping, and it is
starting to get pretty annoying. No pain or noticeable body changes, but unlike the twitching you notice all the popping that goes on with movement.
Have been extremely healthy my whole life and all of this is frustrating because nobody seems to be able to find anything. Have done the MRI's and EMG, and have seen a MD specialist. Wondering if you have had any luck diagnosing anything in the last few years since this was posted? Thanks so much
hey, i read your comment about the excessive constant joint cracking and I was just wondering if you've found more information ? I haven't really looked into it,  but i've been having the exact same thing and i'm 18 too .. that's why i was critical of it as an issue,considering everyone else is  older

Thanks, Andriana
hey i've been experiencing all over joint cracking and numbness in left arm. it's very concerning because my bones seem to be deteriorating. has anyone tried a thorough detoxification? i intend to do a green juice fast and then try to research and work out which foods to introduce and which to eliminate from my diet. i'm very very worried about this.
Quinolone and fluoroquinolone antibiotics can and often do cause most of the problems described above.  Lots of information, links and examples on my blog http://destruida-los-restos.blogspot.com.es/p/information.html
I have the same symtoms (symptoms) as you, cracking everywhere all the time, fatigue, back pain in almost all my back muscles, IBS, lymph nodes behind my ears get pumped and sore but not all the time and headaches but I have it in my frontal lobe and sometimes migraines in my right orbitofrontal lobe surrounding my right eye cavity. Accompanied to that I've been allergic to many things I have never been allergic to before, and the things that I was allergic to I became more allergic. The thing is that I'm much younger, I'm only 23 living a healthy life style,mentally stable and happy. I'm doing my search before seeing a physician because I know they will not tell me everything as usual! But doing the search made me more worried. Also I work in a research lab and deal with laboratory animals so I'm afraid that has something to do with what 'm experiencing !
Wow. I have had pretty much everything on this page and have never found ANYONE who understood what I was talking about. My list includes but is not limited to severe migraines around orb of eye, numbness, tingling, tendonitis problems, joints cracking constantly, large joints getting "stuck" (elbows, knees), dizziness, nerve problems, ringing in ears, neck pain, chronic fatigue, nausea, trouble breathing, exercise intolerance and inability to recover from exercise well, loss of muscle tone and inability to gain it, joints that feel like they are stretching apart and muscles that feel tight all the time, some loose ligament issues but not extensive joint hypermobility, TMJ, dental problems, problems with prolapse and preterm membrane rupture in pregnancy, constant muscle pain, pain under ribs, sinus problems, sleep issues, anxiety, overall declining health...the list just goes on and on. I was also diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome and pec minor syndrome, pelvic organ prolapse as well as SIJD (sacroiliac joint problems), tendonitis, IBS, and fibro (tentative as I don't feel it fits).  Other dx are, I had giardia back in the early 90's, but have never been tested for Lyme. I have the dry eyes, mouth and skin problems, but my skin is very soft to the touch and I look much younger than I am. I have had a number of autoimmune flags pop up, but nothing definitive. I have been on medications galore - flexeril, tramadol, gapapentin, benzos, valium, zoloft, wellbutrin, percocet, codeine, naproxen, ibuprofen, prednisone - again, the list goes on. I have seen rheumatologists, neurologists, vascular surgeons, acupuncturists and a host of other alternative practitioners. I always feel like a massage should help, but the therapist can never go deep enough and I end up feeling sick - nausea, headache, build up of tension - afterwards. I tried rolfing, but got so sick afterwards I didn't go back. I have had a long term (15+ years) pain along my right shoulder blade and a long history of tendon and nerve issues in my right arm. I have postural issues with rounded and hunched shoulders and sometimes I feel like my insides almost sink down - especially when I sit. I have had a number of issues with repetitive strain - especially in my upper body. And like many of you, I have problems with my knees for years, but no dx. Eventually, tests showed torn meniscus, which was removed, but crepitus and crackling still exist. Some days I don't have enough energy to climb the stairs and I always feel like my joints do all the work because my muscles are so weak. I have no endurance anymore.

Two years ago I started seeing an osteopath who agreed to help my try to figure things out. I have put some pieces together and am working on getting confirmation from a geneticist. However, over the past two years, I have reversed a great deal of my problems by working through what my osteopath referred to as an overall, multi-fascial system breakdown. It was like my body became restricted in motion, function and movement by adhesions, scarring, shortening muscles and ligaments and damaged fascia. The whole set of symptoms looked a lot like fibro, but the details didn't fit. basically using a foam roller to reorganize the fascia all over my body. The reason I think this is fascial in nature is because I think the issues we are describing come down largely to collagen.

When I started working with my osteo, my symptoms initially got worse. Things would flare. But underneath, I felt like we were "getting somewhere" and wanted to keep at it. For two years we peeled back layers of fascial dysfunction and injury and what I believe is an excess buildup of collagen which causes a lot of popping, grinding, grating, crepitus, etc. I have found that I had such strong scar tissue over my ribs, that my ribs were pulled out of alignment on one side and were completely uneven. This is probably due to trauma - I had a lot of physical trauma as I was very active when younger including a lot of overhead sports (tennis, softball (pitcher), swimming, volleyball). I was always athletic, but had trouble with exercise as I got older. It was like a slow decline of my ability to be physical and a stiffening of my entire thoracic spine which prevented me from breathing, moving, bending and standing correctly. What I have noticed is that I had lost almost all my thoracic mobility and that my center of gravity had changed. I had developed such hardened, scarred tissue over my ribcage that I could not breathe correctly and I had other areas of severe scarring that I have eventually learned to palpate with own hands. All of this scarring was pulling my joints out of whack, among other things, and causing me to be extremely tight, hunched over and inflexible. When I started osteo treatment (including visceral manipulation, dry needling, lidocaine injections, manual adjustment, ART, etc.) I began to see a very slow shift into a place where my body wasn't so jacked up.

I am not sure if this is EDS or not - I show many signs, but because I do not display overt hypermobility, it gets brushed off. This is why I am looking into genetic testing. My spine feels like I am actually cracking it loose, one vertebra at a time, by rolling it out on the roller. It has taken MONTHS...but I am realizing that my whole center of gravity was compromised by my body's compensation patterns and was for all intents and purposes locked into a bad position. It was like all the extra collagen almost glued me into this place and I have to break it free.

Weird, I know. But I really believe a collagen deficiency is at work here. In my case, it causes an abundance of scar tissue, knots, fascial adhesions, etc., which causes a whole domino effect of dysfunction. A number of my musculo-skeletal issues have been corrected - even my TOS and TMJ is about 75-80% improved with all this work on fascial release, but it has been a long process. Nothing that could have occurred over a few weeks, and something I have had to take a VERY active role in.
Hey kitatt, how did this all work out for you? Your symptoms are exactly what i'm going through at the moment.
Actually sounds so much like my symptoms at the moment but i'm worried as my stiffness and cracking noises of bones seem to be getting worse by the hour and progressed in a matter of days along with really bad pains around the body. I really do not know what to do, currently waiting to see a muscle specialist but i feel time is my worse enemy. Do you think i should go to A&E with this?
Yes!! I was waiting for someone to mention that. My plight started on the 7th day of Cipro ( from the Flouroquinolones antibiotic family) . Horrific!! Look up Cipro Toxicity or Levaquin Poisoning. All of the symptoms described here happened to me with this antibiotic and many more symptoms that you think you have been crippled for life. When you start feeling better after a long while you cycle again. Like two steps foward three steps back. They say it's a long slooooow process but there is hope. Many forums and blogs on it . Magnesium is the #1 supplement you should start immediately. Preferably Magnesium Oil or Gel. It's better to be absorbed through the skin. Also Milk Thistle to flush out toxins from the liver and Inflazyme Forte for inflammation. Stay away from Tylenol, Ibuprofen , alive or any other over the counter Nsaids,Flagyl, and toothpaste with flouride in it. Not only does it severely affect your tendons, it also affects the nerves, vision, memory, mental detachment, weird shooting pains in your head, ears, everywhere! I' ll say no more but please google it and you'll see what I mean. Also a Forum called Topix Reversing effects of Levaquin poisoning / Cipro.
I have many of the same issues as you. I have gone through physical therapy 3 different times and have been turned away due to worsening symptoms or lack of improvement. The last physical therapist said she thought I was hypermobile. I have been doing a lot of EDS research and strongly believe I have this condition, but every medical doctor I speak with is only familiar with the old Beighton scoring system rather than the new Brighton scoring system. I only have 1 point on the Beighton system and therefore do not have EDS hypermobile, but I score 1 major and 5-6 minor on the Brighton system and therefore do have EDS hypermobile. Check out this link to see if it fits with your symptoms: http://www.edhs.info/#!about3/c1a5c

Also look up POTS, a dysautonomia: http://www.dinet.org/index.php/information-resources/pots-place/pots-symptoms
Hi, me too. Started around two years ago with stiff hands. MRI showed stenosis but now creaking joints everywhere, especially shoulders and upper back. Doc tried every blood test, all normal. Had B12 shots, little help. General tiredness and apathy, really getting depressed about it, I've googled everything. 56 years old, up till two years ago quite fit, walking 10 miles per day regularly. Is anything common to us???
Martin
oh, wow. i was not expecting everybody here to be young, too. i'm 21 and i have these problems too. it started half a year ago when i had a very bad injury to my hips and spine and then i had muscle twitching all over my body, especially in the areas of injury. then it came to the point where i've been cracking in the joints of my body where there was excessive and abnormal pressure from unevenly distributed weight (i damaged the center of my body, so naturally, my balance is off), and now i've been cracking in nearly every single joint in my body that i've never imagined. my doctor told me that i have myofascitis, so i'm thinking that the common symptoms that everybody here has is either due to myofascitis, or another condition that is kind of similar, fibromyalgia.

it seems like everybody here has a doctor who doesn't know what's going on or is giving treatment that seems ineffective for those symptoms. perhaps try physical therapy? and make sure to move and position in ways that are ergonomic and do not cause much discomfort, and especially not pain. i've been told by my doctor that if i don't do anything about my myofascitis, it will get worse, so i'm thinking that it is important for everyone here to keep active (even though you might get scared that you'll crack your joints to the point when they'll break...i know, i have that fear sometimes too because of how weak my joints feel when they crack). perhaps try taking glucosamine vitamins if you have this kind of joint pain. it could help to go see a dietician or nutritionist to make sure your body is getting the proper nutrients you need, and they might be able to help you feel and function better.

of course, check with a trusted doctor who knows what they're doing, but it also appears that a lot of people commenting on this thread have doctors who don't take their symptoms serious (i know what that's like, but i believe that i do have one decent doctor who's helping out). perhaps try consulting multiple doctors and gather a bunch of info from them instead of relying on one. i've had my share of unhelpful doctors. they told me i probably didn't have a blood condition that i was asking them about because i was concerned, and it turns out that I DO have that blood problem. i've been living with it for years and falling ill and weak and not understanding why. so go find GOOD doctors!! and trust yourself to make decisions concerning your health, because nobody should have the final say (if you're conscious and able to do so) in our your health goes. another problem for me is that a lot of doctors don't take my health seriously and a few of my earlier symptoms that i've complained about have become real threats to my health for the long term, so make sure that your doctors show concern regardless of your age--what they may be doing is being biased towards you because of your youth and equating youth with good health, which in our cases, is not all that true.

good luck to all of you! if i find out more info related to our common symptoms, i'll be sure to add it.
Youngster, you make very good points here.

People who are not satisfied with their treatment or their doctors need to know that there are competent, compassionate pain doctors practicing in America today.

But for many of us, finding these doctors can be a challenge. I encourage you to continue looking. Check for local university hospital pain management clinics. Look for "integrative" or "interventional" pain practitioners in your area who use a variety of modalities for treating pain. Find a skilled pain psychologist who will help you understand your disease and find treatments and techniques that can help your daily battle with pain.

I've lived with chronic pain for over 30 years and I can tell you that pain management has never been so good. Believe in your right to adequate, effective, compassionate pain treatment. Take charge, keep searching and never give up hope. Treatment is out there for a majority of you.
Go to your local health food store and get on a parasitic cleanse.  It will take about 90 days to clean your system.  The store personal can help you choose your type of cleanse.  I hope this helps!  Brenda
I was diagnosed with everything under the sun and found out that if I changed my diet and took gluten out of the picture that the symptoms all went away.  Mine started in my neck and shoulders and then moved on to various parts of my body.  It was so bad that my husband had to help me get dressed every day.  I too had all kinds of test done and the doctors came up empty.  It took about 30 days to clean my system of gluten, but the pain and popping went away, I lost 50 libs and have remained pain free for 4 years.  I occasionally have bread or pasta, but when I do the pain comes back!  It's not worth it.  Remaining pain free and gluten free.  I really hope this helps someone.  I went through a lot of testing to find out nothing.  My daughter was studying to be a Medical Assistant and she told me to take the gluten out of my diet and it was the best thing that I ever did!  Live gluten free and be healthy.  :)
Try taking gluten out of your diet!
Take gluten out of your diet and be pain free!
You need to be on a gluten free diet.  It takes about 90 days, but very soon you could be pain free!  It worked for me.
It could be something simple like taking gluten out of your diet.  I was so bad I could not dress myself and I am now pain free, except when I eat anything with gluten and the pain starts to come back.  Go gluten free, it may change your life!
Take the gluten out of your diet and see if pain goes away.. It did for me!
I was diagnosed with a lot of the same symptoms and all I did was take the gluten out of my diet and I am now pain free and about five different symptoms that I was diagnosed with all went away.  I hope this helps someone.  I went through a lot of testing to find out nothing and it was that simple change in my life that gave my life back to me.  I hope this helps!
How long did this take for the gluten free to work?
sorry, 90 days...
The threads in the skin, all sounds like 'Morgellons' to me, check it out. good luck
hi there i would like to get some information about what you were saying can you contact with me please, ***@****
can you tell me more about it please , i need some help
can you contact with me i need some help please ,***@****
Have u any kind of itching at any part of ur body.
Actually i too had similar problem of cracking all over the body. But previous to that i got some intestinal infection which is still not cured which shows symptoms of anal itching....... I strongly believe that there is a relation between small intestine health and these bone joint health, both of which are effected by an infection....

Any one had similar problem, pls reply..............
Mine is very similar to yours! Ligaments burn, crack all over. Hands, feet, ankles, back, knees. Hands go numb in a matter of minutes and they Draw up a lot. I'm 44 and scared to death. I have anxiety issues and was on Xanax from 19 to 29 years old. Need it again, BUT... I have unexplained major back pain. X-rays negative, only show a little arthritis.  I just filled for SSI because I can't work any longer and have no insurance! Where does one begin to find out whats wrong? I have also had depression and chronic fatigue.
I have had all of these same issues. I have not gotten rid of all of my symptoms/pain, but they do not slow me down anymore. My advice is research, research, research.... I did mine! I found: do not stop moving! I mean do not cause acute pain, but be as active as possible while avoiding acute pain. Only dead things stop moving! Nutrition: eat as healthy as possible! I completely cut out gluten, which got rid of my pain almost completely. Considering it promotes inflammation, which is pains arch enemy (or friend, depending on how you look at it) it was no surprise. Yoga and stretching: we are all breaking down slowly that is just the nature of life, but we can aide in slowing the process down. Also if it does not work get rid of it. I mean how can you expect different result if you keep following the same pattern, hence the very definition of insanity. Above all keep positive no matter what! You are living, are you not? Life is pain, and love, happiness, etc etc. It beats the alternative.... Which, unless your a complete idiot you know what that is! So get on with your life, and figure out what you need to do to feel better and better. Do not leave it in the hands of your doctors. They are just "practicing" medicine. Chances are no one cares more about you than you, so love yourself and in return you will be loved back!

The triptoline sisters ami and nori are known to have you craving carbs like mad,try cymbalta ask your dr.
I have had fibromyalgia for twenty plus years,it needs to be diagnosed by a dr. And he will perform a trp test this is equal and reactive pain on both sides of the body at all the joint sites.they want me to get acupuncture but no one is stickin pins in me.but good luck to you.just be honest and direct with your symptoms, if your answers seem off,get a second,third or fourth opinion.everyone has one right...good luck.thay
I'm going to try the gluten thing, but I'm in the same boat as a lot of the folks on this forum.  Also, constipation seems to result from the muscle tightness though it may also be the cause or symptom of a larger correlated issue (i.e. gluten).

I've found that regular exercise varying between cardio, strength training, and flexibility provide all of the balance needed to "reallign" myself without alternative treatments.  I still pop, but doing so is natural and effortless as opposed to previous straining to pop and hopefully alleviate the discomfort.  

Obviously this does take some dedication and knowledge of anatomy/physiology to target push/pull muscles and prevent further injury, but I honestly feel our global society has taken advantage of medicine in lieu of common sense to where the mind-body connection is no longer respected as a necessity.

If depression is associated with muscle pain, fatigue, constipation, and other symptoms commonly described by all of these replies, I highly recommend a gradually increasing exercise routine first (no pain no gain, but don't kill yourself if you are un-athletic), and attention to diet second.
If you're having joint pain and migraines it sounds like symptoms of lyme disease.
Hi!

I started out popping my knuckles when I was a kid for fun.  But when I became an adult it felt good and relaxing so I started doing it to other parts of my body such as the back, knees, and wrists.  Now as I have gotten older sometimes they pop for no apparent reason.  I feel that it is more of a nervous bad habit (except for when they pop by themselves).  When I do it on purpose I read that it stretches the nerves and that's what makes it feel so good.  My parents do it too but not as bad as me.  But now they have managed to stop the habit.  I am still struggling to stop the habit.  This habit drives my friends crazy.  I feel embarrassed when a cute guy notices me and then I gross him out by popping on accident or purposely (i have been doing it for so long sometimes I do not realized i do it until afterward).
I think its just a bad out of control habit but partly genetic.  I am still trying to stop it.  Someone told me that sometimes the popping is so loud in certain bones that it sounds like I am breaking something.  Thankfully I have no pain but some of my joints do grind when i walk.  If I did not pop I look like a normal person.  the best thing to do is to try not to pop but stretch the muscle out without or instead of fully popping.
I haven't read all the posts, but I think many of you are suffering from fluoroquinolone toxicity. Check your medical history to see whether you took a FQ "antibiotic" (they arely antibiotics, but synthetic bactericides) during the year, or even two years, before your symptoms started. My blog has information and links: http://destruida-los-restos.blogspot.com.es/
Doctors won't help you, most won't believe you; homeopaths and naturopaths are better.
Is this a symptom of Candidiasis.............. ??? i too having same symptoms ...