Dental Health Expert Forum
BROWN GUNK IN MY MOUTH EVERY MORNING
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
BROWN GUNK IN MY MOUTH EVERY MORNING
Don't know if I'm posting in the correct section but the problem is in my mouth.  Every morning when I wake up, I have this Brown gunk that's in my mouth.  It's on my tongue, the roof of my mouth, on my teeth and in the back of my throat. If I drool during the night, it leaves a brown patch on my pillow. It's gross!  Now I've noticed that if I take an antibiotic for whatever given illness, the brown gunk is not nearly as bad or goes away for the most part.  Once I finish the antibiotics, the brown gunk eventually comes back, so this leads me to believe that it's bacterial.  I don't experience any fevers, sore throat, or anything like that.  I feel fine tho I've had this problem for as long as I could remember.  Nevertheless, I still don't know what it is, how i got or how to permanently get rid of it.   Any help would be appreciate.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
540545_tn?1377626518
How's your oral hygiene?  Brush twice a day, flossing once a day?  Mouthwash?  How's your diet?  Any brown gunk during the day as well?  Smoking?  Alcohol?  Relevant medical history?  Last time you had a checkup or dental cleaning?

There's alot of factors to consider.  

You may want to go to a dentist and get it checked out.  They may prescribe a prescription mouth wash to see if it helps initially.

Discussion is closed
Cancel
1. How's your oral hygiene? OK

2. Brush twice a day, flossing once a day? HAVE BRUSHED TWICE A DAY BUT NO CHANGE AND I DON'T FLOSS

3. Mouthwash? YES, EVERYDAY SOMETIMES TWICE A DAY

4. How's your diet? BEEN ON A DIET SINCE JUNE. DROPPED OVER 46 POUNDS SO FAR.  I'M 6'2 215LBS

5. Any brown gunk during the day as well? ONLY WHEN I WAKE UP FROM SLEEPING. IT GETS ON MY LIPS TOO

6. Smoking? NEVER

7. Alcohol? CASUALLY IF I GO OUT ON WEEKEND EVENINGS.

8. Relevant medical history? JUST ASTHMA AND AS OF RECENT HYPERTENSION. (REASON FOR MY WEIGHT CONTROL NOW)

9. Last time you had a checkup or dental cleaning? NEVER AS AN ADULT. I'M 34 NOW.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
540545_tn?1377626518
Probably a good idea to see a dentist.  Its important to get regular routine checkups and cleanings to prevent peridontal disease (gingivitis and its progression) and cavities.  

Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, Same as the above for that guy was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...