Dental Health Community
Chewing Pain after Crown Placement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Chewing Pain after Crown Placement

I had 2 crowns placed on the lower left side of my mouth. When the temps were placed everything was fine. However, when I had the permanent crowns placed I began to have pressure/chewing discomfort. When the dentist was making sure the new crowns fit (before cementing) correctly he had a lot of trouble getting them to fit on the stumps the correct way.  Is it possible when he took the teeth out to cement they did not fit on the stumps correctly and the displacement causes the discomfort when chewing?   The chewing difficulty is not pain as in needing an aspirin, nerve pain, hot or cold sensitivity, or jaw pain.  I just can’t chew steak, nuts, etc.  I can chew bread and soft items with a small amount of difficulty. I went back once and they tried to fix the bite better but it is still the same.  A few months have passed and it is still cannot chew anything hard on the 2 crowns.