Dental Health Community
Could the dentist have broken bone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Could the dentist have broken bone?

I had the tooth next to my wisdom tooth extracted in December.  The Dentist showed me the tooth, it was split in half. She did get all the tooth, so I assume it was a piece of bone that came out of my gum a few weeks later.  I keep noticing more bumps after I lost the piece of bone.  When the next bone appeared, I couldn't move it, so I went back to the dentist.  She said sometimes the bone will get exposed, but will close back up after a few weeks.  A few weeks have now gone by and now I have several sharp pieces of bone sticking out starting from the missing tooth and ending under my wisdom tooth.  The dentist told me when I came in on the last visit if the skin didn't close up over it, she would fix it for free.  Why is there bones sticking out all the way back to my wisdom tooth?  Did she break or fracture my jaw bone?  Am I going to loose my wisdom tooth too?  She told me it is perfect, not even a cavity in it. What kind of procedure will she need to do to fix it and how long will it take to heal?  Did she do something wrong?
it just what happens... ytour teeth are connected to your jaw bone in the socket. they wil clip that piece of bone that is sticking out or they will file in down.... no your will not lose the other tooth